SimAngus EPD’s

Help Support CattleToday:

DCB4

Reaction score
Hiw would a person go about comparing a SimAngus bulls epds with that of an angus. I'm familiar with the across breed epd adjustment table, but it only list purebred breeds.

I wasn't even aware that there could be crossbred Epd's. Are you even sure it's a real thing? I've seen the adjustment table too but I agree there's no crossbreeds on it.

Rydero said:
I wasn't even aware that there could be crossbred Epd's. Are you even sure it's a real thing? I've seen the adjustment table too but I agree there's no crossbreeds on it.

I know it's a thing with SimAngus cattle, but I'm pretty sure SimAngus has their own registsry within the American simmental association. I'm sure there somebody on here who can confirm or deny that. I've got an old sale book saved on my phone I'm going to try to post a picture of some SimAngus bulls with epds listed

You can register PB Angus as a Foundation animal wwith the ASA, or they could be already, and then they use the BOLT system to calculate EPD's, on an adjusted scale.

Here's more on BOLT from IGS like RBB was talking about.
https://www.beefmagazine.com/cattle-genetics/bolt-software-brings-more-reliability-epds

Here's a picture from a past sale book I had on my phone. What I'm really wanting to know is how would lot 36 ww compare to lot 38. I know that if 36 was a pb simm you would subtract 8.9 from its ww to compare it to the angus bull in lot 38. But since it is SimAngus would you still use the -8.9?

Latest posts