Silvo-Deer Browse Area

Help Support CattleToday:

ga. prime

Reaction score
P1020028-2.jpg

The view from my deer stand ladder. Next week, I'll harrow this up and sow rye on it. It's 200 yds. to the other end.

P1020025.jpg
P1020023.jpg

I'm glad I looked in there before climbing in. There's a big nest of red wasps under the seat of that blue chair.

That's a good looking set up, and not much different then what I got for MN deer hunting 8)

Other then color that's like the stand that I built for my wife and guest hunters if we have any.

I bet if you pulled a wagon of corn down the lane with the gate cracked a bit the deer would really come to those pine trees. :lol:

Good lookin blind ga. prime,its a wonder you dont have more than wasps in it if you leave it open like that,around here if you leave a blind open,those dang monkey owls will nest in them,what a mess they can make,hauling in small animals and messin on every thing.
I crawled up in one that was open one time about an hour before daylite,just got settled good and all ________ broke loose,monkey owls trying to fly out the windows and me jumping out the door at about 15 foot,needless to say they scairt the ________outa me and any self respecting deer within 2 hundred yards..................good luck

:lol: Funny about the Monkey Owls, Haymaker. Jogee, I get plenty of deer sightings from this stand without the corn. :D

ga. prime":1sg8koro said:
:lol: Funny about the Monkey Owls, Haymaker. Jogee, I get plenty of deer sightings from this stand without the corn. :D

Just kidding about the corn. You'll never catch that big one standing over a pile of corn anyway.

Somebody help me out, I've been looking at the picture for an hour and can't pick out the deer stand.

Is it left or right of the elevated cottage?

:lol: :lol:

:lol: ALX, I'm not too big on deer hunting. A few years ago my boys started wanting to deer hunt, so I built this so we could sit together. You won't see me perched up on a ladder leaned up against a tree. I've seen deer almost every time I've sat in the stand in the pic.

That sure doesn't look like 200 yds - looks a lot closer. I like that stand! Dad built me a double like that, I've got sliding windows, carpet and curtins! LOL!

The camera distorts distance. That tall pine tree at the other end in the center is 192 yds. Measured with one of those wheel things that you push along the ground. I have markers every 50 yds to the other end. Sid, mine has brown astroturf carpeting wall to wall. Been thinking of putting up some camo see through curtains myself but never have.

Latest posts