Signs that my cow has been mounted & bred?

Help Support CattleToday:

Back to the thread title question, I know mine are bred when I see them smoking menthols.
I was gonna say...
Ya know they bred when they have a calf 9 months later!

But I refrained. . .

I have the bull tested every year. It's cheap insurance. Not so cheap if your only running a few cows tho. Things are tight like that.

Ya can always pull blood and send it off for a preg test that way. I've never done it, but lots have!

Well - if they have had calves - that was LAST year he was good. Does NOT mean he is good this year. Like I said, he should have gotten them bred in 3 weeks if everything was right.
Plus, even if you witness breeding activity, that doesn't mean his sperm is good. Shooting blanks. A BSE is cheaper than open cows.

I was gonna say...
Ya know they bred when they have a calf 9 months later!

But I refrained. . .

I have the bull tested every year. It's cheap insurance. Not so cheap if your only running a few cows tho. Things are tight like that.

Ya can always pull blood and send it off for a preg test that way. I've never done it, but lots have!
Yes I took my chances this round for only 3 cows. I'm just starting out so I'm learning too. I think I'll send in blood so I know if they've been bred. Did that last year with my cow when we AI'd her.

Latest posts