sick calf now two of the calves died

Help Support CattleToday:

AngusLimoX":3b4fepkw said:
Alice":3b4fepkw said:
DiamondSCattleCo":3b4fepkw said:
Alice":3b4fepkw said:
If you are, don't ever, ever, ever do that again. You can put enough hay or bedding or anything else down to keep the damp cold of the cement from leeching thru.

Hmmmm, I'm in Canada and at -40 our concrete floors are just fine. Its certainly cooler than dirt or wood, but you pile enough straw on it, and you'll be just fine. I'm not sure where in Canada the other gent is at, but perhaps in a high humidity area what you say holds true. Here in good old low humidity Saskatchewan we don't have any trouble.

Rod

Then I'm pleased for you, Rod. I'm glad to hear that works for you...surely would make cleaning and sanitizing where the calves stay much easier. Wish we could do that here, but we can't. And, I still strongly caution anyone thinking about raising calves on cement against it.

Alice

Your strong caution should carry the weight it deserves. More garbage.

Ya' know, people can do whatever they want...the calves are their's...

Sooooo, nice try, dude...but no brass ring. :)
Alice

Alice":3764yqtx said:
Alice

I wasn't looking for a ring, maybe just a little honesty.

Alice, you get in trouble in here talking about things you have no idea about. Repeatedly.

Stick to that you know.

AngusLimoX":lup8dixq said:
Alice":lup8dixq said:
Alice

I wasn't looking for a ring, maybe just a little honesty.

Alice, you get in trouble in here talking about things you have no idea about. Repeatedly.

Stick to that you know.

AngusLimoXpletive,

Please, please, please, come to my neck of the woods and tell all of these auction barn bottle calf raisers that they have no idea what they are talking about...please! It would be worth the price of admission. 'Cause what I'm talking about I've learned from the ones that have done this for a full time living.

With all due respect...you are so full of it... :)

Alice

Please Alice, drop the childish name calling and attempts at insult and simply explain why cement is so dangerous to cattle.

The lives and well being of hundreds of thousands ( perhaps millions ) of cattle of all ages being kept on deadly cement rests in the balance.

AngusLimoX":nicwvnc2 said:
Please Alice, drop the childish name calling and attempts at insult and simply explain why cement is so dangerous to cattle.

The lives and well being of hundreds of thousands ( perhaps millions ) of cattle of all ages being kept on deadly cement rests in the balance.

:roll: Why, just so you can find another reason to try to antagonize me? You didn't get any takers from Texas in a previous question you asked in this thread...so, what, you have to keep hounding me to get a reaction...something you can have "childish" fun with?

I gave an explanation about cement in this thread and in others. It's what I believe, it's what I know to be true, it's what the mega calf raisers here believe and what they know to be true. I don't have to justify to you...deal with it...or don't...I don't care.

Alice

Alice":1oqtjyod said:
I gave an explanation about cement in this thread and in others. It's what I believe, it's what I know to be true, it's what the mega calf raisers here believe and what they know to be true. I don't have to justify to you...deal with it...or don't...I don't care.

Alice

You can't justify this advice Alice, it's bunk.

The mega calf raisers should be able to afford nice clean cement and proper bedding.

Concentrate on the sickness D_skro, not the cement ( it sounds like you had lots of bedding ). The cement had nothing to do with it. At least you will be able to get it sanitary for the next calf. And sorry for the minor hijack.

Outta this one.

Latest posts