Shredder opinions

Help Support CattleToday:

scheff

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm looking at 12' shredders and think I've narrowed down to two. Thought I'd ask if anyone has experience with the ModernAG Viper and/or the Land Pride RC2512. Both seem to be medium duty and would meet my needs, the ModernAG costs 1k more, so wondering if it's worth it.
I like the idea of galvanized, and has a nice warranty. Just curious of opinions, thanks!

Hi all. I'm looking at 12' shredders and think I've narrowed down to two. Thought I'd ask if anyone has experience with the ModernAG Viper and/or the Land Pride RC2512. Both seem to be medium duty and would meet my needs, the ModernAG costs 1k more, so wondering if it's worth it.
I like the idea of galvanized, and has a nice warranty. Just curious of opinions, thanks!
When it is not in use, where will it be stored? Outside or in the dry?

I like my Land Pride, which is the same as Great Plains, and both are owned by Kubota

Mine is stored outside, and gets some rough duty.

When it is not in use, where will it be stored? Outside or in the dry?
Most implements I can store covered under a pole barn, but not "inside". Both seem to have good reviews and warranties, so I appreciate y'all's replies.

I pulled the trigger on the ModernAG. Was more expensive, but in stock and the Land Pride was a few weeks before available. Found a few 15' Rhinos but 12 is what I wanted. Also the Modern AG is manufactured in TX, which I like.
Thanks again all!

Most implements I can store covered under a pole barn, but not "inside". Both seem to have good reviews and warranties, so I appreciate y'all's replies.
I bought a $6500 landpride flail mower. After using it on about 15 acres it started shaking bad. Landpride would not honor thier warrenty said it was my fault. I did collect $3500 in insurance that I had on it. I did not fix it it is sitting down on the farm and no use to me. So if you need land pride warranty work then they will blame it on you and not pay.

Latest posts