Show Time

Help Support CattleToday:

In 2020 I personally shipped a Jersey cow across state lines from Texas to Oregon. I had a new Bangs vax replacement tag put in her ear and all the CVI vet inspection negative tuberculosis and etc. .

In addition, I was required to have a CVI poultry vet inspection for each I was required for 5 chicken bird vacinate for a disease vaccinated for a disease the USDA had no longer produced the vaccine for several years ago. I crossed the US by avoiding he Intersate highways. Not one single Ag Inspection station did I cross.

The calves did good. Congrats on the sale. Looks like you had a bit to get the burning grass all put out. Electrical? No one hurt or anything I hope.
Sorry on the loss of the cow dog......
We had help for sure, helicopter and bucket first, then neighbors with a water tank. Very blessed for our neighbors. No one hurt.

I've had a couple of close calls with my excavator and dozer just recently. The dozer I was pushing up a fairly hot fire and a hose to the blade burst shooting oil straight onto the fire. I saw the flames shoot up the stream of oil. It was only because I pannicked to get out of there I took my hand off the lift lever and the oil flow stopped. The excavator blew a hose from the control block to the swivel block. The oil stream just happened to shoot through an opening in the metal work where a hose went through to the engine compartment and went straight onto the hot exhaust. I don't know how flammable that situation would have been but I certainly had a lot of smoke coming from it. I keep a piddly little extinguisher on the machines but don't think they would be of much use in these situations. I do have a big extinguisher as well but often forget to put it in the truck.
Did your dog get caught in the grass fire Dave?

Ken

I've had a couple of close calls with my excavator and dozer just recently. The dozer I was pushing up a fairly hot fire and a hose to the blade burst shooting oil straight onto the fire. I saw the flames shoot up the stream of oil. It was only because I pannicked to get out of there I took my hand off the lift lever and the oil flow stopped. The excavator blew a hose from the control block to the swivel block. The oil stream just happened to shoot through an opening in the metal work where a hose went through to the engine compartment and went straight onto the hot exhaust. I don't know how flammable that situation would have been but I certainly had a lot of smoke coming from it. I keep a piddly little extinguisher on the machines but don't think they would be of much use in these situations. I do have a big extinguisher as well but often forget to put it in the truck.
Did your dog get caught in the grass fire Dave?

Ken
No.