Show Supplies

Help Support CattleToday:

brushes, combs, soap, water hose, feed, feed bucket, water bucket, halter, neck tie, show halter, show stick, number clip/harness, shavings (if outside shavings allowed), any hair products needed, basic first aid kit, scissors, hay, pliers, pen, wire cutters, chair(s), water for yourself, poop scoop, rake, shovel and probably some more stuff.

I would do a couple of practices at your house. At your house get your animal(s) completely ready for the show ring, then everything you used, or might need, pack it along. Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Thanks for the tips Ryan time is tickin tomarrow Im checking my Heifer into the show so I hope she dint act to crazy its her first show as well I dont know how she is gonna handle all the people, dogs, trucks, trailers, cows, noice, I hope for the best

vs_cattle":77wf7g6h said:
Thanks for the tips Ryan time is tickin tomarrow Im checking my Heifer into the show so I hope she dint act to crazy its her first show as well I dont know how she is gonna handle all the people, dogs, trucks, trailers, cows, noice, I hope for the best

for the noise i play a Radio in the barn 24-7 and i think that helps them get use too the noise. And I also throw a bucket under them { if they are gentle enough } too get over the "OH NO IT IS UNDER ME!!!!!!" fear. I live on 3 acres with barn pasture all on it and so the trucks back fireing, moving around ect don't bother them.

And i am sure she will be fine. tell us how it goes

we play radios also fo rthe noise issue. we have a 1000 head grower yard that was music blaring all the time it really settles them down when they go to the sale barn

i used to 'bag' all my show animals. tie a feed bag to a piece of poly pipe, tie the animal up and rub the bag all over it, rustle it under it flap it on its head etc etc. be creative. normally always works. also tie balloons up in your barn. (we used yards so i just used to tie them up near their feed and water trough)

I was real nervous the show started this morning with Angus then us (Charolais classes) started to add to the fire I was in the first class at this point my heart was pounding and I was real nervous when I was in the waiting ring I jumped out and ran to the restroom to pee sorry if thats to much info then I ran baclk and was ready I won my class and went on to the next round and dident place but I had the youngest heifer there so ya also it was a great learning experiance I met cool new people and they helped me along the way yesterday and today so I cant wait until Aug for the state fair the judge dident have any thing negitave to say all was good so now I got one show under my belt and a bit of confidence all in all it was very fun I loved it my heifer acted 110% great she dident act up at all in the show ring she was an Angle I couldent have hoped for more and that was all in two weeks so now I have to work on her getting started on grain and things will look good for the state fair I cant wait!!!! :cboy:

vs_cattle":2toon78v said:
I was real nervous the show started this morning with Angus then us (Charolais classes) started to add to the fire I was in the first class at this point my heart was pounding and I was real nervous when I was in the waiting ring I jumped out and ran to the restroom to pee sorry if thats to much info :lol2: i hope you learned to relax!

sounds like you did wonderful for your first show and only workin with her for two weeks!! you really cant do any better then what you did. good luck at state!

and i think she was an angel not an angle ;-) :lol2:

Latest posts