Shotguns

Help Support CattleToday:

Wait a second. On every gun with a push button safety I've ever owned, from old shotguns to BB guns, the button is behind the trigger. Not sure Remington did so to be different, I'd almost call it standard.

M.Magis":2b4ih1fm said:
Wait a second. On every gun with a push button safety I've ever owned, from old shotguns to BB guns, the button is behind the trigger. Not sure Remington did so to be different, I'd almost call it standard.
Sadly that is pretty much standard. That's why I like the older Winchesters. It is in front of the trigger gaurd and you can wipe it off in one movement while you are mounting the gun and have the gun mounted before you finger reaches the trigger.

M.Magis":8oq5y0jt said:

Browning invented the pump the safety was Garand style or in front of the trigger even on the Remington's.
You have just been buying inferior firearms. :lol:
Pedersen changed the design on the model 17 that was the father of the Ithaca 37 the Browning BPS and the Remington 870.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remington_Model_17

Well I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but if you don't have a Beretta or Benelli you don't have a real shotgun. There's a big difference between a shotgun and a scatter gun.

Well I'll be darned. I'll have to check some of my older guns. Honestly I almost never use any of them except the 1100 for deer and the 870 super mag for turkeys. Some of them I haven't shot in 25+ years. After all these years using Remingtons my trigger finger just naturally sits on the safety button at all times and just slides forward to make a shot.

True Grit Farms":1jf13wkt said:
Well I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but if you don't have a Beretta or Benelli you don't have a real shotgun. There's a big difference between a shotgun and a scatter gun.
I don't much care what you want to call it. In the thousands upon thousand of rounds I've shot, my old 1100 has never once failed to cycle. Or hit where I aim for that matter. Thats really all I care about. Impressing people doesn't really matter to me.

True Grit Farms":3d3kfw4d said:

I bet you can pick any of my 1100's or gold hunter on its worst day will shoot better than a Beretta or bennelli on its best day

M.Magis":2gbuk32o said:
True Grit Farms":2gbuk32o said:
I don't much care what you want to call it. In the thousands upon thousand of rounds I've shot, my old 1100 has never once failed to cycle. Or hit where I aim for that matter. Thats really all I care about. Impressing people doesn't really matter to me.
I assume you haven't been to Argentina shooting doves with your 1100? I have a couple of 1100 myself and at one time they were my go to shotguns. I need a gun that hits where I aim without fail. I can't impress anyone with my shooting.

True Grit Farms":3m4xk9z1 said:

That's like the little boy that kissed the calf on the a$$ everyone to the own taste.
I have shot them don't care for either.
The only new foreign made shotgun I have found I like is a Winchester SXP.

skyhightree1":12dc36y0 said:
True Grit Farms":12dc36y0 said:

I bet you can pick any of my 1100's or gold hunter on its worst day will shoot better than a Beretta or bennelli on its best day
You just have better guns than I do what can I say. The best shot gunners in the world shoot Beretta or Benelli in autos, it's just a fact. But there's a little more to it than just the gun.

Caustic Burno":18r42vo4 said:
True Grit Farms":18r42vo4 said:

That's like the little boy that kissed the calf on the a$$ everyone to the own taste.
I have shot them don't care for either.
The only new foreign made shotgun I have found I like is a Winchester SXP.
At least the safety is in the right spot on a Beretta.

True Grit Farms":1t009li5 said:
M.Magis":1t009li5 said:
True Grit Farms":1t009li5 said:
I assume you haven't been to Argentina shooting doves with your 1100? I have a couple of 1100 myself and at one time they were my go to shotguns. I need a gun that hits where I aim without fail. I can't impress anyone with my shooting.

We shot competitive skeet, traps, ect for years with 1100s... thousands and thousands of rounds. We have a couple of 1100s that have been handed down through no less than 6 cousins all shooting skeet and trap.

I tell people they need to focus more on their skills than the gun. I go on some big dove hunts every year and there are always guys showing up with new guns hoping to fix their shooting. One year when the pissing matches over guns got out of hand I got them to line all their guns up on the rack. I walked down the line and busted skeet with all of them basically to prove the point. Only one old Winchester pump some guy dragged out of the closet gave me fits and we patterned it with some plywood the next day. It was screwed up.

Brute 23":3gvr2ikq said:
True Grit Farms":3gvr2ikq said:
M.Magis":3gvr2ikq said:

We shot competitive skeet, traps, ect for years with 1100s... thousands and thousands of rounds. We have a couple of 1100s that have been handed down through no less than 6 cousins all shooting skeet and trap.

I tell people they need to focus more on their skills than the gun. I go on some big dove hunts every year and there are always guys showing up with new guns hoping to fix their shooting. One year when the be nice matches over guns got out of hand I got them to line all their guns up on the rack. I walked down the line and busted skeet with all of them basically to prove the point. Only one old Winchester pump some guy dragged out of the closet gave me fits and we patterned it with some plywood the next day. It was screwed up.

I shot competition trap for years loved it. The most important part is finding a shotgun length of pull and drop of comb fits you. Winchester and Browning work for me.
I can shoot the 870 difference is I will bust 9 or 10 less out of a 100.

Caustic Burno":2k1x1plu said:
Brute 23":2k1x1plu said:
True Grit Farms":2k1x1plu said:

I tell people they need to focus more on their skills than the gun. I go on some big dove hunts every year and there are always guys showing up with new guns hoping to fix their shooting. One year when the be nice matches over guns got out of hand I got them to line all their guns up on the rack. I walked down the line and busted skeet with all of them basically to prove the point. Only one old Winchester pump some guy dragged out of the closet gave me fits and we patterned it with some plywood the next day. It was screwed up.

I shot competition trap for years loved it. The most important part is finding a shotgun length of pull and drop of comb fits you. Winchester and Browning work for me.

No doubt. I don't debate that you always shoot best what fits best. I do debate that certain brands are always the best for every one.

Got that right Brute.
All the American pumps go back to Browning, other designers tweaked his
designs. The Winchester Model 97 and 12 stayed true to Brownings design through there production history.
The Remington Model 17 morphed into several models.

Brute 23":k6uf1sf8 said:
Caustic Burno":k6uf1sf8 said:
Brute 23":k6uf1sf8 said:

No doubt. I don't debate that you always shoot best what fits best. I do debate that certain brands are always the best for every one.
That's a fact Brute, I shoot a Ruger Red Label the best on clays, which isn't very good. But in the field actually hunting I can't hit anything with it. I think I worry about running out of shells or something, my son says I'm aiming instead of shooting.

Latest posts