Short Bull Tall Cow, can he get her done? Comedy

Help Support CattleToday:

JWBrahman

Reaction score
He bred another Brahman a few inches shorter at the hip by pointing her downhill then launching himself off the tips of his back hooves. Whatever works, she didn't come back into heat this month. :lol2:
WP_001750.jpg

WP_001752.jpg

She is a frame 11, 3 year old and he is a frame 5, almost 14 month old. It is hilarious to watch. Reminds me of those super wealthy guys who need a stepladder to kiss their wives. The average looking females always breed easily and right on time. The beauty queens are the one's that give you trouble.
:lol2: :bang:

I would AI her this year next year he'll be taller and get her settled faster

Thanks for the advice, I agree 100%. He is needed on some smaller framed cows and next year I want the calving season as tight as possible. That is my wife's pet Brahman "Sally" who lives according to a different set of rules. {eye rolling emoticon} After all the problems around here with March-April calves I don't want anything hitting the ground when the rye grass is in full stride.

Tell your wife that Sally might have developed Cougar tendencies. I wouldn't worry too much about him getting her bred. They will find a way.

They usually do... And it's especially true of a 2500 lb bull and your nice little 500 lb heifer calves!.. I saw it happen last fall, and the bull ended up with all 4 feet on the ground and the heifer under him

I like your wife's cow. Would like her more without the horns. She is a tall one. F-1 brafords, guess your wanting a heifer, the queen of the south.

brimmer X":3m9t49v9 said:
I like your wife's cow. Would like her more without the horns. She is a tall one. F-1 brafords, guess your wanting a heifer, the queen of the south.
Yes, the heifers pretty much sell themselves but we won't mind a few steers either. They fatten up for practically nothing on grass and we have restaurant folks who pay top dollar for that around here.

If she didn't have horns it would be harder for my wife to put hats on her to take photos. :lol2:

Nesi, that kind of early maturity is why Gelbvieh x Brahman F1 cows and heifers were the only Continental x Brahman cross at the Louisiana Brahman Association commercial sale a few weekends ago. Brahman could really benefit from help with earlier maturity.

Latest posts