Shooting solution?

Help Support CattleToday:

T

This punks attitude is the problem , he needs his azz beat!
Well his dad, setting in the chair in that video, didn't do much about it when he was younger. Then in this video his is 16 and a sassy punk who does not respect others or the law. His crime spree continued for his whole life. Including beating and holding a gun to the head of a pregnant women as he and his friend robbed her. He had a lethal dose of fentanyl in his system along with other drugs as he passed fake money for goods. That is the reason he's where he is now, dead.

Here's a video showing evidence of ..... well, stupid, ignorant, law breaking, disrespectful 16 year old.

WHEN Chauvin is acquitted based on non-media/BLM evidence; the streets will explode in violence.

Regardless of the outcome - I wish the mayor, governor, and President would come out and publicly tell homeowners and business owners to clean house if rioters come their way and start trouble.

There are some amazingly ignorant comments on this thread.

That cop pulled her gun instead of the taser for one reason - lack of sufficient training. That's what it comes down to. In Texas DPS troopers have to have 80 hours of training a year, 40 of which is firearm handling.

There are some amazingly ignorant comments on this thread.

That cop pulled her gun instead of the taser for one reason - lack of sufficient training. That's what it comes down to. In Texas DPS troopers have to have 80 hours of training a year, 40 of which is firearm handling.
Hello pot, meet kettle.

First time I have seen that video. My original thoughts were correct, no great loss to society there. A damn shame people would riot over a POS like that.

Tasers should be designed to be held and "fired" totally different than a handgun. Like a flashlight for example. No mistaken muscle memory.

I have shot with and trained local and federal officers in small arms and hand to hand for many years. The issue is TRAINING, TRAINING AND TRAINING. In a stressful situation you do not rise to the task you default to your training level. When I say training level it means just that, most departments qualify with their arms just like you were at the range on a Sunday evening just casually plinking away. Your average officer can not hold a candle to your average 3 gun competitor that trains 15-20 times a year and goes to a handful of local matches, I have seen this many many times at matches. I use to run an exercise before a training session it would go like this, I would pick the most A type gung ho person of the bunch and tell him to lay his pistol unloaded with mag out on the barrel in front of him. He would have to run about 20 yards and touch something then return to his pistol, load and fire 2 shots at a silhouette target of a guy pointing a gun at him. These targets were remote control and would turn 90 degrees when I pushed the button. I told him to do this as fast as he can safely and NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THE TASK. Then I would say go and when he took off I would put 2 extra mags on the barrel beside his but they wouldn't fit his gun, as he returns to the barrel he would freeze and stare at the mags like a calf looking at a new gate for a few seconds. Then I would start hollering at him telling him that he has the wrong mag to get the other one and keep this up until until most of the time they would get frustrated and go into shutdown mode. If they managed to get the gun loaded I would still be in there ear screaming something and I would turn the targets around and there would not be a target in front of them that was threatening but one about 30-40 degrees to one side. 9 out of 10 that made it to this point wouldn't even see the real threat. To sum it all up nobody is perfect and mistakes will be made, train like you fight because you will fight like you train, and they the profession should pay these guys like professionals and expect more put of them. The cream will rise to the top and you should reward that. One other thing I see as a big deficiency is the ability to have the confidence to disarm and restrain someone without having to rely upon the gun all the time. If this video loads it shows what a well trained person can do.

Attachments

• 94358FFF-27DF-4929-91C2-3120F84C71A5.gif
    94358FFF-27DF-4929-91C2-3120F84C71A5.gif
    4.4 MB · Views: 14
My brother was a cop on Seattle PD. He shot competitive combat arms for a number of years. He was very successful. His wins included being "top cop" at an invitation only combat arms match hosted by soldier of fortune magazine. According to the records he kept he shot 40,000 rounds one year. In 30+ years on the force he took his pistol out of the holster exactly one time. He said he never pointed it at anyone. Just drew it out, held it behind his leg, and stepped in behind a telephone pole. And there waited for the situation to calm down.

Training is very important not only to get good at something but to build confidence in your abilities, it is too bad that a lot of training baselines are set to the lowest common denominator.
I have a handgun carry permit rather rare in Canada, in order to show practical proficiency one must fire the intended carry weapon at 5, 10, and 15 yds standing and kneeling and reloads at a 18" diameter target and score 80% hits. I am not sure but I would hope our law enforcement has more stringent requirements. My hobby is bullseye target shooting at 25 and 50yds I am not happy with myself if 80% of my shots are not 8 ring or better.

I say the average officer is not proficient. It is not very demanding to qualify with your sidearm in the average us department. I have seen on many occasions it take all day to get some qualified. One time I had a class of federal bureau of prisons SORT snippers and i was working basic drills and gathering dope for their rifles to my surprise they have not shot at anything past 300 meters. something Like 80% of engagements for law enforcement snipers is under 100 meters but if you can hit proficiently at 500 then 2-300 becomes just that much easier, any ways I digress, so I get them on targets out to 1100m with their fgmm 178 grain 308 rifles and we had a good day. About a month later I'm talking to their team captain and he tells me that they placed first out of 80 federal teams at their annual sniper competition. They use this competition to rank the teams so they know who to send where depending on criticality of the engagement. I know there are better teams out there because I've shot with them before but just so happens they were the top dogs at that particular shoot. Don't get me wrong there are some very good and motivated people in law enforcement, way better than I am but you never hear from or see them on the 5:00 news and I wonder why.

Don't want to get shot comply.
When it gets to that point you're taking the ride by cop car, ambulance or hearse. This is where the comply comes in.
What about people with mental disorders?, schizophrenics, drunks, etc.. Plenty of good reasons to use a taser as a most likely to be non-lethal way of dealing with them, and certainly not deserving of being shot dead.

Training is very important not only to get good at something but to build confidence in your abilities, it is too bad that a lot of training baselines are set to the lowest common denominator.
I have a handgun carry permit rather rare in Canada, in order to show practical proficiency one must fire the intended carry weapon at 5, 10, and 15 yds standing and kneeling and reloads at a 18" diameter target and score 80% hits. I am not sure but I would hope our law enforcement has more stringent requirements. My hobby is bullseye target shooting at 25 and 50yds I am not happy with myself if 80% of my shots are not 8 ring or better.
I follow Jerry Miculek.. dang that guy is good!

Not many better than him, watched a video of him prepping brass for reloading he had buckets of them 10's thousands. Lots of training to shoot at that level!

Latest posts