Sense of HUMOR

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5

Reaction score
AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
I admit I love to laugh and I have a wild imagination and find humor in most everything I do or see. But I have come to the conclusion that the older a person gets, their funny bone deteriorates. Lighten up people if life is so miserable and people joking around and wisecracking on an internet forum offends you maybe you should become a recluse so your not subject to the corners of your mouth turning the opposite direction. Some things are serious some things are not but I can assure you happy people worry less and think its funny when they see someone's britches in a wad. I thank GOD every day that he gave me common sense and the ability to laugh and I got the trifecta when he also made me Good-looking.

Love, Laugh and live.

M(dash)5

Some of us don't get a good laugh first thing in the morning as we look in the mirror. Your blessed with the gift of gab and your sense of humor.

A true test of a sense of humor is wether or not a person take a joke. Lots of people can make a joke, but how many can take a joke?

M-5":3nf1jbly said:
I admit I love to laugh and I have a wild imagination and find humor in most everything I do or see. But I have come to the conclusion that the older a person gets, their funny bone deteriorates. Lighten up people if life is so miserable and people joking around and wisecracking on an internet forum offends you maybe you should become a recluse so your not subject to the corners of your mouth turning the opposite direction. Some things are serious some things are not but I can assure you happy people worry less and think its funny when they see someone's britches in a wad. I thank GOD every day that he gave me common sense and the ability to laugh and I got the trifecta when he also made me Good-looking.

Love, Laugh and live.

M(dash)5

Me to m5 , were so good looking, it's lucky for everyone else we're invisible. ;-)

Bigfoot":2aww38g2 said:
A true test of a sense of humor is wether or not a person take a joke. Lots of people can make a joke, but how many can take a joke?

Gospel. The old "alligator mouths and tissue paper hide". I happen to be just smart enough to know just how stupid I really am.

Good Post M-5. Agree as get older less in world to laugh at, but still needed for every day
existence. If we can't laugh, either at our self or the world around us winds up being a long
stressful day/week. being serious about every thing within our sphere of existence has its
place, but sure makes for a somber existence as every day routine. I like to joke/tease, and have
same done to me. Use to tell my employees, start worrying when I stop harassing.

I've thought about this thread a lot today, I don't know why. There is truth in the fact, that our sense of humor diminishes "some" with age. I have seen it in myself, and have seen it in the generation above me as well. I think our quickness to anger diminishes some as well.

We all bring our bias to humor. It took me a long time to learn that me being light hearted didn't mean that others would see it that way. My wife has a really good sense of humor but after ten years of marriage I learned that she was ready to leave me because I joke ALL THE TIME and she was brought up in a home where humor masked derogatory comments so when I joke around she is trying to figure out how I'm trying to hurt her... It's only funny when both sides get that it's humor.
I try to keep myself in check in mixed company but my personal default setting is that life is a wonderful place and if someone says something off the mark I assume they're making fun and I laugh. I feel blessed that I can live that way and I've learned to value a handful of friends that see life the same way. I wish everyone had that kind of life.

CP, I still laugh every time I think about your middle finger. Do you remember what I'm talking about?

I'm sensitive to things that are half-jokes.. made to sound funny but as CP said, masking derogatory comments... As long as something is said in good fun, I can take anything.

That said, humor often doesn't translate well into text

Latest posts