Semen stolen

Help Support CattleToday:

Central Fl Cracker

Reaction score
Thief Steals $75,000 Worth Of Bull Semen

POSTED: 7:27 am EST November 3, 2005

WOLFSVILLE, Md. -- Someone stole $75,000 worth of bull semen from a Frederick County farm, the sheriff's office says.

Eric Fleming said the six small canisters of frozen semen taken from a liquid nitrogen tank represented four to five years of collection work.

He said he had planned to sell it and use the proceeds to expand his breeding herd of shorthorn beef cattle.

"I'm so depressed about this that I probably will get out of the cattle business," Fleming said Tuesday.

He said he found the semen missing from an outbuilding on his Stonewood Acres farm in northwestern Frederick County Sunday night.

Fleming said the canisters held the semen of 40 to 50 bulls.

Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

:eek: I just got through reading this article and had a couple of people in my office ask me what on earth you do with frozen bull semen, well after explaining the process to them and drawing a few pictures they were still giving me the look you get from a cow looking at a new gate! :shock: :p I should mention these are the same people that refuse to eat fresh yard eggs that was collected before work they're afraid they are going to get sick if they don't buy them in the grocery store. :(

Bet that criminal would end up someone's special cell freind after they found out what he was in for.

Can you imagine...
Here goes.........

Cell mate: so Billy Bob what ya in for? :?:
Billy Bob: something stupid :oops:
Cell mate: aren't we all ..... :oops:
Billy Bob: no really, I was just standing around when all of the sudden someone put a bunch of semen in my hands... :stop:
Cell mate: get outta here!
Billy Bob: No really I had so much I couldn't hold it all! :shock:
Cell mate: :heart: Well let me be the first to welcome you to my own little Nitrogen tank! Let me fluff your pillow for you.. :eek:

I Love Beefies":2vfk3o20 said:
Can you imagine...
Here goes.........

Cell mate: so Billy Bob what ya in for? :?:
Billy Bob: something stupid :oops:
Cell mate: aren't we all ..... :oops:
Billy Bob: no really, I was just standing around when all of the sudden someone put a bunch of semen in my hands... :stop:
Cell mate: get outta here!
Billy Bob: No really I had so much I couldn't hold it all! :shock:
Cell mate: :heart: Well let me be the first to welcome you to my own little Nitrogen tank! Let me fluff your pillow for you.. :eek:

LMAO. FOR REAL!

What makes you think like that?

Oh, common, you know that person will be so mortified when they have fess up to the crime. At $20/unit, aand a total value of approx. $75000, that is 3,750 units. damn!!

and his illow is probably the llast fluffing on his mind

Can you imagine if he ends up discarding it and someone finds it on the side of the road or in a shopping cart in the cart corral at Krogers? (you wouldn't believe what I have found in baskets there)
First off you got a drunk on a 5 day bender picking up beer can on the side of the road and he finds the tank first thing he thinks of is "Lord have Mercy I found me a keg full of frozen beer straws!"

Or ya get a lady returning her shopping cart and she discovers it and thinks "this will make a really nice strawberry planter for the back porch by the pool" them she gets it home and her and her husband open it and take a look see after the Nitrogen cloud settles from opening it they call the fire department and Haz-Mat. When they arrive they all start laughing and after they tell the couple what it is their response is " what do you use that for and I only buy my eggs at the farmers market....

imagine the look on the the pawn shop's owners face when he discovers what he has!!!!!!
person who stole it more than likely has no idea what he stole, more than likely stole it cause he could, hoping it had some value!! :x :x
just wondering? could this be called PRE cattle rustling? if so

I am assuming there is no way of knowing what kind of semen is in there (Angus, hereford, jersey, etc.), so someone may have some interesting looking calves next year.

Latest posts