self project "auger RPM" question

Help Support CattleToday:

mncowboy

Reaction score
I'm working to build an auger bucket to mount on a skid steer and I'm trying to figure out what the RPM's should be for the auger. Its an 8' auger that'll run off the bobcat hydraulics. The speed of the auger is how I plan to control the flow of feed while driving along the fence line feed bunks or in pasture feed bunks. Looking to feed 5-10 lbs per animal. I'd rather have to drive a little slow to meet the required lb's instead of having to drive too fast to meet the desired lbs. I was thinking in that 30-75 rpms?
Thanks in advance

mncowboy":6lm21eel said:
I'm working to build an auger bucket to mount on a skid steer and I'm trying to figure out what the RPM's should be for the auger. Its an 8' auger that'll run off the bobcat hydraulics. The speed of the auger is how I plan to control the flow of feed while driving along the fence line feed bunks or in pasture feed bunks. Looking to feed 5-10 lbs per animal. I'd rather have to drive a little slow to meet the required lb's instead of having to drive too fast to meet the desired lbs. I was thinking in that 30-75 rpms?
Thanks in advance
If you can wait till Saturday I'll see what the rpms on my feeder wagon turns

Latest posts