Select Sires Angus bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Personal preference would be S Summit. Bulls should be solid and females should be awesome because of the strong cow family he comes from. Go to Spickler website to view progeny they have about 8-10 pictures of his calves.

Warrior is right about the prosperity calves being really nice. Very deep and long. With gelvieh cows, his bad CE shouldn't be problem either

the only problem with alot of the select sires bulls is all that milk. i quit the dairy business along time ago. cattle don't need all that milk to wean a heavy calf. imo it just leads to bad udders and high maintence cost down the road. other than that i would use any of the three. hoss if your breeding balancers then i think the comercial market is what your selling to, most comercial guys in the mid south don't supplement there cows. from what i can see down in your area most comercial cattle run on fescue. if thats the case i would think with your gelbveih milk numbers you would not want to add to that with high milk angus. i would worry more about what your customer need are, than others opinions on a few bulls.

HOSS":1nrc8noc said:
Thanks for all the input and opinions everybody. I have a couple months to decide.
Umm, I'm kind of emotionally invested in this decision, feel like an honorary AI uncle to the calves. I'll give you till noon tomorrow. If no decision by then I'm gonna have to kick you off the board. :wave: :lol:

Isomade":3d0762gc said:
HOSS":3d0762gc said:
Thanks for all the input and opinions everybody. I have a couple months to decide.
Umm, I'm kind of emotionally invested in this decision, feel like an honorary AI uncle to the calves. I'll give you till noon tomorrow. If no decision by then I'm gonna have to kick you off the board. :wave: :lol:
Come on man! A decision on who will be your niece or nephew is a major one Iso. I need enough time to see if they are worthy. If the resulting calves have a frame score of 2.5 as yearlings I will know that they are of your lineage :mrgreen: :lol:

Latest posts