Select Sires Angus bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
Kscattle":1b20qfnt said:
That's a big swing in DOC numbers. Are you wanting hfrs or selling all calves?
Ks, with my tendency to scan I looked right over the DOC on the BC bull. My intention was to get heifers to keep or bulls to sell.

HOSS":f6e39p0k said:
Kscattle":f6e39p0k said:
Ks, with my tendency to scan I looked right over the DOC on the BC bull. My intention was to get heifers to keep or bulls to sell.
I don't like either Hoss.

I don't care for the first one at all. The second one has promise but I think you could do alot better for the same price. 6807 and OCC perks me up a little but there's lots of both out there with a positive $EN that are downright gentle.

Isomade":1kznjqdo said:
HOSS":1kznjqdo said:
Kscattle":1kznjqdo said:
I don't like either Hoss.
Iso, what are you seeing in them or not seeing that you don't like? Thanks.

Some may be personal preference. First I like a better $EN #, it doesnt always have to be positive depending on the traits one is breeding for, but a better milk to $EN ratio. The second bull looks better but I sure don't like the DOC on him, I don't worry too much about DOC but negative numbers are out if the question for retaining replacements. The first bull is more feminine than I would use. I just think there are some better options for my taste.

Isomade":3s87q32g said:
Some may be personal preference. First I like a better $EN #, it doesnt always have to be positive depending on the traits one is breeding for, but a better milk to $EN ratio. The second bull looks better but I sure don't like the DOC on him, I don't worry too much about DOC but negative numbers are out if the question for retaining replacements. The first bull is more feminine than I would use. I just think there are some better options for my taste.

I am open to suggestions Iso / cp. I am not that familiar with angus bulls. I have used MIF and have two of his daughters that I am really happy with. I am looking at Select Sire bulls because my tank is serviced by SS and having them drop in a few straws while I am at work is very convenient.

In no way will I have the input that CP does. Nor am I familiar with what bulls are offered by what companies as I don't AI. But one that I like off the top of my head is 0035 Final Answer. He's been around a while and still has outstanding numbers.

Iso......I am not seeing final answer in SS's new catalog that I got today. I don't see the ones that cp mentioned either. I may have to google them. I did see capitolist....I liked him alright.

His $En# sucks, but by the #'s GAR Prophet looks like the ultimate beef bull from SS in every other trait

I've only seen a few Limelight bull calves and they were the best in the pen.
Some nice Bexter bull calves were in the same pen.
GAR Prophet is a Bexter son and Yes he sure has impressive edps.
But from what little I've seen I'd give Limelight a big thumbs up.

If En is your thing look at Genetics By Design 049 reg# 13791489 hes Accelerated Genetics but anyone of the places can put semen in your tank. hes not the highest EN but he has good numbers all the way through and the ACC to go with it. EN is not my big thing its ok if you know your getting heifers if you think bulls give me RADG with some growth thats just me, not many out there that balances all traits i think this one does it pretty good. but im not using him.

Just saw some limelight calvesntoday and they were very impressive. Bulls at SS I like are War Party, have seen good amount of his calves and all are good. I also like capitalist, confidence, prosperity and mentor. The prosperity bulls I have seen have been massive. Very deep bodied and lots of growth.