SE Texas County shows

Help Support CattleToday:

JDI

Reaction score
Well, my new bull FF Fusion R504 was shown in 3 county shows. Cleveland, Texas FFA on 4-29-06...Chambers County Youth Project Show 5-6-06 & Dayton FFA 5-12-06. He was Champion Simmental at all 3 shows & the only show with an Overall Champion was CCYPS which he took overall bull.
He is coming off feed slowly & he has ladies waiting in the pasture for his service. I'm hoping for some really good calves next spring from him. PB Simmental & 3/4 blood Simbrahs. This picture was the sale picture taken 11-15-05..will be home in 7 days to FINALLY see him in person!!!
Fusion_R504.jpg

He sure is a far cry from the big spotted ones we saw years ago. He looks pretty moderate and is one of the deepest bodied semi's I've seen and yet he is pretty flashy and neat fronted. Nice bull, he has a lot of good things going for him, congrats on the shows.

jnowack":mo3hx0jk said:
He sure is a far cry from the big spotted ones we saw years ago. He looks pretty moderate and is one of the deepest bodied semi's I've seen and yet he is pretty flashy and neat fronted. Nice bull, he has a lot of good things going for him, congrats on the shows.
Spotted Sims?

Yes I know. But weren't they blazed or socked, etc? Not spotted? When I think of Spotted I think.. Holsteins or Dalmations, lol. Sorry...maybe I've just misinterpreted it.

Jaydill,
Don't worry about it!! Our local Ag teacher still argues everyday there is NO black Simmentals...he can not grasp the fact that they are not the old traditional red & white. I just laugh everytime we have that subject come up.

Thanks for everyones responses!! I'll get some more current pictures with views of his rear quarters & top lines in a few days.

jaydill":33oivrro said:
Yes I know. But weren't they blazed or socked, etc? Not spotted? When I think of Spotted I think.. Holsteins or Dalmations, lol. Sorry...maybe I've just misinterpreted it.

many of them did look like red/yellow holsteins.

from the CT breeds section "Simmental can be traced to the Bernese Oberland, and were known as early as the Middle Ages as large, spotted cattle."

http://cattle-today.com/Simmental.htm

simmental.jpg

cf17c830.jpg

Ah. Thanks txag. I didn't know they'd had so much white on them to start with!

Latest posts