Say what?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I'll admit I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I was listening to public radio the other day and they were discussing rainbows, unicorns and the black legged tick and they said something that went completely over my head and was hoping someone could clarify this for me.

During the discussion about black legged ticks they were talking about Lyme disease, the signs and symptoms and how bad it is. The speaker, "an expert", said Lyme Disease had been primarily a regional disease found in the northeast in states like New York due to the cold weather conditions in those areas. The expert went on to say that due to global warming Lyme Disease is spreading south and can be found all the way to Florida and if we really need to look at the effects of climate change in relation to this horrible disease.

What am I missing something here?

you are missing the lobe in your brain that makes you **&%*%&$^%## liberal that believes all that crap. turn off npr jo and just say NO.

Jogeephus":b9hd0a9s said:
I'll admit I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I was listening to public radio the other day and they were discussing rainbows, unicorns and the black legged tick and they said something that went completely over my head and was hoping someone could clarify this for me.

During the discussion about black legged ticks they were talking about Lyme disease, the signs and symptoms and how bad it is. The speaker, "an expert", said Lyme Disease had been primarily a regional disease found in the northeast in states like New York due to the cold weather conditions in those areas. The expert went on to say that due to global warming Lyme Disease is spreading south and can be found all the way to Florida and if we really need to look at the effects of climate change in relation to this horrible disease.

What am I missing something here?

You're missing a lot of good talk radio and music from other stations.

At the risk of anyone thinking that I listen to NPR, I think they were talking about the fact that the black legged ticks usually start their feeding time at the first frost. Of course I am just guessing not having ever heard an NPR station.

Lyme disease is as far west as western Missouri............i can personally attest to that.

3waycross":1okjia99 said:
Lyme disease is as far west as western Missouri............i can personally attest to that.
It's as far west as California. I can't personally attest to it but I know someone who can.

cow pollinater":6k6l2sbo said:
3waycross":6k6l2sbo said:
It's as far west as California. I can't personally attest to it but I know someone who can.
Yes, I happen to know several people that have contracted the disease here in California. :(

Mutation, adaptation, andsurvival of the fittest. Know of several people in central Georgia diagnosed with Lyme's like symptoms 10 yr ago because CDC said Lyme did not exist in central Georgia (Now they do). Know of one Surgical Cardiology PA that lost sight of one eye and still on steroids, but they will still not call it Lyme's. Mid 70's Heartworms in dog only concern in Southern
US, because D. Immittis could not survive cold temperatures. Found out that mosquitoes in Alaska had as large concentration
of filaria of anywhere in the world. The lower on the phyla tree the faster an organism can adapt and mutate.

What was said makes very little sense to me BUT it does make perfect sense if the "expert" is fishing for government research grant money and is successful in tagging the tick research to global warming and I think she may hit the holy grail.

BTW - did I mention I'm working on a breed of cattle that sequesters methane and CO2. I'm almost there to. Just need some funds to polish it all off.

john250":38d0spsh said:
If you believe NPR, climate change is going to swallow up New York City. And that would be a shame.
It would?!?!?

Sounds to me like some of the Yankees that's been moving south needed to dipped at the Mason Dixon line before they could come on south. Bound to have been a few of them with one of them black legged ticks stuck in there crack!!

One thing npr is wright about is that lyme just takes one bite from a tick that is about the size of the head of a pin. That little bite can distroy your health.

If any of you guys want to protect youself I would recomend shoo tags. I started using them last spring. So far I have had two ticks on me but they were trying to get off and never tried to bite.

As far as NPR goes I guess some of you guys figure it's the oposite of fox news. I listen to NPR quite a bit. I must say I think some of the stuff they talk about is interesting, but lets face it the news media in the US is controled by the rich. As long as they can create hate and discontent in the mases, a spliting of the forces so to speak, they can do what ever they want. It's been working for they so far so why would they want to stop?

Watching the news at noon, I had a say what moment. They had a basset/beagle mix dog on that they were trying to adopt just like every week. The lady says that the dog needs to live in a single pet household, not because he is going to fight with another dog, but because he is overly protective of his toys........ mmmmmmm. Now I'm curious as to what non-fighting means he uses to protect his toys.

Commercialfarmer":1t2i3tbl said:
Watching the news at noon, I had a say what moment. They had a basset/beagle mix dog on that they were trying to adopt just like every week. The lady says that the dog needs to live in a single pet household, not because he is going to fight with another dog, but because he is overly protective of his toys........ mmmmmmm. Now I'm curious as to what non-fighting means he uses to protect his toys.
Adopt that rascal CF and stop at the dogie dentist on the way home. Might have to feed him soft food the rest of his life but.......

Latest posts