Save for retirement

Help Support CattleToday:

newrancher":25b5y47b said:
. We pay more taxes in this country and get less for our money than any other nation,

I'm not so sure that this is correct. I know in Japan just about everything is more expensive. They also have a 50% death tax for the wealthy. I also seem to recall that taxes in Britain are higher than ours in general and their gas tax is really high. This country isn't perfect but its the best place in the world to live. I understand your fustration though. I think we pay way to much to the government for little return.

Walt

Walt, I made that statement totally out of frustration without facts to substantiate it, maybe someone with the time willpost a comparison, point taken. It just seems to me that something needs to be done,I would gladly pay 50% of every single dime I make if I never had to pay any more taxes,ie sales tax,savings tax,fuel tax,telephone tax etc etc etc ad nausem. I certainly did not mean to hijack the thread nor turn it political. Its just heartbreaking to watch people that have spent their life really working hard,[mother in law milked 40hd night and day,and worked in their own feed store,raised 4 kids, worked garden and canned, churned , and saved] literally die paupers. I do not have any sympathy for laziness or silver spoonfed people.

Sad but true; With modern medical technology most of us will be kept alive a year or more than we should. That's right :( and where is all the money supposed to come from? The people that have comes from savings and investment, those that have not comes from welfare supported by taxes. :(

Latest posts