SAV President

Help Support CattleToday:

hornedfrogbbq said:
Which SAV genetics have you been using? Which bulls have allowed you to maintain frame size like that?

Here is a SAV President bull calf we have at under 150 days, from an 1800 pound registered Angus cow out of the Edella cow family. This photo was taken a few days ago.

He's going to be a VERY BIG BOY!

I live in Southern Oklahoma and I'm probably a similar environment to yours. I am running a Harvester x Density cleanup bull. He has actually reduced the frame on some of my cows. I have use Resource and he has definitely reduced frame size but increased birth weights. As long as you don't mind a little birth weight, you will love the resource calves.

I have a name for 1600-2000 lb cows. Hamburger.
How do these newer sav cattle handle the heat, humidity, and toxic fescue?
When I say hot I mean it. We regularly have days with heat index of 105-110

dbirdsong said:
I live in Southern Oklahoma and I'm probably a similar environment to yours. I am running a Harvester x Density cleanup bull. He has actually reduced the frame on some of my cows. I have use Resource and he has definitely reduced frame size but increased birth weights. As long as you don't mind a little birth weight, you will love the resource calves.

We also used Brave and really like those females. We have gotten to the point that we don't have any bulls under a +3 BW for the cowherd. Have one lbw bull for heifer clean up.

Brian at square B owns Elation and he is very heavy in SAV and Connealy genetics and it appears to be working quite well for him.

hornedfrogbbq said:
Brian at square B owns Elation and he is very heavy in SAV and Connealy genetics and it appears to be working quite well for him.

We should have 2 SAV Elation calves on the ground in about 20 days barring any problems. Brian and his folks are FINE PEOPLE and have helped us out every way possible. Can't say enough good things about them.

T & B farms said:

My SAV calves do just fine in the conditions you mention. As long as they have shade and water, which is not something most producers should ignore.

************* said:
T & B farms said:

My SAV calves do just fine in the conditions you mention. As long as they have shade and water, which is not something most producers should ignore.

Do pretty much all sav sires improve udders?
Kelly told me I will love the udders on my Renown heifers. I had my one and only renown calf this morning, was a bull of course. Everything else was bred connealy

T & B farms said:
************* said:
T & B farms said:

Do pretty much all sav sires improve udders?
Kelly told me I will love the udders on my Renown heifers. I had my one and only renown calf this morning, was a bull of course. Everything else was bred connealy

I don't see where they would hurt the udders. Anything can happen but when your heifers or cows have SAV Blackcap May 4136 in their blood, they have a leg up in my opinion.

Also, I have a Connealy Capitalist daughter, and I love her, she is a tank. Wish I had 20 more of her around.

NEFarmwife said:
[image]https://ibb.co/MMy7BPt[/image]

President calf out of commercial cow. Born 01/15

He's so cute, I might name him.

Nice! He's got the stance, that President stamps on them

I think I'm going to stick with 7229 and sons. I'm trying to build a very fertile, easy fleshing herd. So far my connealy cows have been doing a very good job.

We are huge fans of 7229 and his sons. That bloodline has more cows in our herd than any other.

NEFarmwife,
You get a head start on all of us by seeing so many of the early calves out of SAV bulls.
What a nice calf! I know that Raindance has gotten a lot of attention but President is no slouch. I know I keep hearing good things about Renown daughters. Sensation seems to resemble Renown....I wonder if his daughters will be really nice, too.

Air gator said:
NEFarmwife,
You get a head start on all of us by seeing so many of the early calves out of SAV bulls.
What a nice calf! I know that Raindance has gotten a lot of attention but President is no slouch. I know I keep hearing good things about Renown daughters. Sensation seems to resemble Renown....I wonder if his daughters will be really nice, too.

Seedstock and Sensation don't have quite the growth as the others. But we love our Seedstock females. I like them more than the Resources and we like those also. I'm sure that Superchargers are going to be really good too.

I believe SAV America will bring the most of any bull to this date. He combines their two best cows of all time 0075 and 4136, just like Seedstock, Sensation, and Supercharger.

Agree. Lot 1 will be a huge number in this upcoming sale.

Does anyone have a gauge on longevity and fertility of the heifers from these SAV bulls?

hornedfrogbbq said:

Does anyone have a gauge on longevity and fertility of the heifers from these SAV bulls?

Had 40/41 first calf heifers rebreed in a 60 day season this year all sav sired. Fertility is a focal point for me so we would quit using the genetics if it was a problem.

Jake said:
hornedfrogbbq said:

Had 40/41 first calf heifers rebreed in a 60 day season this year all sav sired. Fertility is a focal point for me so we would quit using the genetics if it was a problem.

That is awful impressive, hard to argue with that.
I am curious to hear who buys sav America, and how much he brings

Somewhere on here someone posted that they kept most of their Sensation heifers/cows at SAV. I had not heard anyone compare Seedstock/Sensations with Resource or Renown.

Latest posts