SAV President

Help Support CattleToday:

LCBulls":3rv3ya7v said:
NEFarmwife":3rv3ya7v said:
LCBulls":3rv3ya7v said:
Nice, we bred some of our best cows to President.We should also have a decent amount of ET calves by him and Raindance. They will be a few months after yours.
Of all the Charlo bulls in the record Flush at SAV, Schaff used primarily President, Raindance, and Rainfall the first breeding season. He also has a bunch more Charlo progeny this year.
Another Charlo son that is worth sampling is Coleman Engage 5255. His calves at Coleman's were really good. We own his Dam and she will add some length, frame, and growth to them. He isn't pushed as hard at Select Sires/Accelerated Genetics because of the investment in Rainfall.

https://youtu.be/Ldui0x7pTvw

https://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedDtl. ... ye4bz6Y%3d

Wonder if we can get on the list for SAV America right now :cboy:

Do you have America's reg #? Photos?

Air Gator found him first :)

S A V America 8018 (19249580)

https://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedDtl. ... hTkZ9M0%3d

I didn't realize the photo posted was America, that you were referencing. I wonder if this might be the one that the Scotts were talking about. A reference was made on a weight and he said that there had been discussion that the weight wouldn't be believed. That 205? Wowsers!

T&B

I posted a couple photos over on the 2018 calves thread that I took today of a Pathfinder heifer out of a young cow out of Coleman Regis. So far I sure like the calves.

NEfarm

I bet that calf out of President and 0075 is pretty popular come Sale day.

Gizmom

NEFarmwife":19tjh0dq said:
LCBulls":19tjh0dq said:
NEFarmwife":19tjh0dq said:
Do you have America's reg #? Photos?

I didn't realize the photo posted was America, that you were referencing. I wonder if this might be the one that the Scotts were talking about. A reference was made on a weight and he said that there had been discussion that the weight wouldn't be believed. That 205? Wowsers!

I'm sure that was him that they were talking about. I know that they usually raise the best ET calves for them.

Gizmon-
That's a nice looking heifer. I wonder if all of the "8" flush of bulls are great. I think 7 went to AI Studs. Anyone know how Rainmaster and Governor calves are doing?

LCBulls":1tpzwb95 said:
NEFarmwife":1tpzwb95 said:
LCBulls":1tpzwb95 said:

I'm sure that was him that they were talking about. I know that they usually raise the best ET calves for them.

Gizmon-
That's a nice looking heifer. I wonder if all of the "8" flush of bulls are great. I think 7 went to AI Studs. Anyone know how Rainmaster and Governor calves are doing?

Yes, they graze the pasture along our tree line at the back of our home. So I get to see all these calves. The only bad part is, I don't really know who is who. When we went to Scott's to get some embryos, we went thru what hadn't been shipped off yet. That's when I fell in love with Supercharger.

Didn't someone on these boards use Governor?

NE-
Thats really cool that your right there next to them. I think I would accidentally get lost over there looking at all the upcoming ET calves. I remember seeing pictures of President there as a calf. He definitely stood out.

I bought a President and a Rainfall heifer on a sale a couple of weeks ago. Experiment to see how they work before we think of using any of those bulls in the herd.

Air gator":xosbxutf said:
Jake,
What are your thoughts on that flush now? Thanks.
I honestly haven't even seen the heifers I bought yet. I've heard folks sing the praises of President. I'm still worried about the fertility and longevity of the charlo blood but their likely is enough Schaff blood that they will work. Udders should be excellent and they should be easy fleshing.

Short version is I reserve the right to judge here in a couple of years. Either way best marketing of a group of bulls that I've ever seen and hats off for that.

Jake":36c404hy said:
Air gator":36c404hy said:
Jake,
What are your thoughts on that flush now? Thanks.
I honestly haven't even seen the heifers I bought yet. I've heard folks sing the praises of President. I'm still worried about the fertility and longevity of the charlo blood but their likely is enough Schaff blood that they will work. Udders should be excellent and they should be easy fleshing.

Short version is I reserve the right to judge here in a couple of years. Either way best marketing of a group of bulls that I've ever seen and hats off for that.

We have some 4 year old Charlo cows. I really like them, Charlo traces back to SAV's Abigale cow family. Probably why Kelly purchased interest in him. He works really well to correct frame size on larger cows and to add depth of rib and capacity.

We have 4 calves out of SAV President so far, all are registered, two females, two males. Here is a photo of one of our bull calves born on 9-9-2018, he is about 15 hours old in this shot. We are EXTREMELY happy! with the progeny of SAV President 6847, probably the finest calves we have ever had, period!

It's a biometric collar, all of our females have them. The collar monitors multiple health stats, but most importantly it's for heat detection. The collar transmits to a base station on our barn and then to the cloud, and ultimately to our phone.

*************":2juktcg4 said:
It's a biometric collar, all of our females have them. The collar monitors multiple health stats, but most importantly it's for heat detection. The collar transmits to a base station on our barn and then to the cloud, and ultimately to our phone.

You don't have to worry with all that life is simple, just let the bull do it.

Life would be simpler if SAV President were roaming my pastures, but until that happens I have to be content with him in the tank. Hence the AI.

What frame size are these cattle? We are looking at Rainfall and Elation and President and International and Harvestor but I am concerned about sizing. We are in North Texas and really need a moderate framed cow. 1300-1400 pounds tops really. I'd say we are on the lower end of that now. I know Charlo tempers frame but are we still talking 1500-1700lb mature cows? And height?

hornedfrogbbq said:
What frame size are these cattle? We are looking at Rainfall and Elation and President and International and Harvestor but I am concerned about sizing. We are in North Texas and really need a moderate framed cow. 1300-1400 pounds tops really. I'd say we are on the lower end of that now. I know Charlo tempers frame but are we still talking 1500-1700lb mature cows? And height?

Development and environment are big pieces but we have used sav bulls heavily for 6-7 years and our cowsize has maintained at 1100-1250# 5 frame cows.

Which SAV genetics have you been using? Which bulls have allowed you to maintain frame size like that?

hornedfrogbbq said:
Which SAV genetics have you been using? Which bulls have allowed you to maintain frame size like that?

I've used Mustang through ai and sons. Bismarck through sons. Pioneer son. Heavy hitter sons. Heston sons these are adding some frame but I believe that comes from the dam of these bulls. Resource and renown used lightly but this females are not large framed either.

Used some seedstock and pedigree through ai but am just calving those females now.

Latest posts