SAV President

Help Support CattleToday:

We are strongly considering using SAV. My main concern is carcass quality. I think they have the leg structure and foot quality we want. Their fertility and longevity are excellent (it appears).

Has anyone retained ownership or gotten carcass data back on any of their SAV calves?

hornedfrogbbq said:
We are strongly considering using SAV. My main concern is carcass quality. I think they have the leg structure and foot quality we want. Their fertility and longevity are excellent (it appears).

Has anyone retained ownership or gotten carcass data back on any of their SAV calves?

Yes. Our SAV cattle have always graded well. I don't have the data in front of me but we finish ourselves. I've posted here on it last year. Anything that has came after that weren't our genetically influenced cattle (purchased, not raised) and did not fair near the quality our own do, using SAV genetics.

Air gator said:
NEFarmwife,
You get a head start on all of us by seeing so many of the early calves out of SAV bulls.
What a nice calf! I know that Raindance has gotten a lot of attention but President is no slouch. I know I keep hearing good things about Renown daughters. Sensation seems to resemble Renown....I wonder if his daughters will be really nice, too.

Yes I do. I know I have mentioned in the past that we weren't fans of Renown vs Resource but of 22 bulls we kept for our bull sale, 4 are Renown (all commercial bulls). We had some bigger Sensation calves this year and have used him for a couple years now. Maybe 3? Whenever he became available. I have to dig, I believe this year was just a flush to sensation. I don't remember him ever having such high BW's in years past.

We did keep several Sensation daughters as replacements this year. 6 Sensation. 5 Resource, 2 Renown. Our topper was Connealy Stingray with 11 (used on heifers). We used him to fix some things on their pedigree. Higher milk, EN, etc.. Have a few others in there but not enough worth mentioning.

Latest posts