Saugahatchee 3000C X Bismarck?

Help Support CattleToday:

Lrj505

Reaction score
I have a few Leachman Saugahatchee 3000C daughters. Universal recommended Bismarck. He thinks the offspring would be an easy sale. Thoughts or recommendations?

Lrj505 said:
I have a few Leachman Saugahatchee 3000C daughters. Universal recommended Bismarck. He thinks the offspring would be an easy sale. Thoughts or recommendations?
Saugahatchee 3000C was a popular sire of show heifers in his day, but I think his females had some attitude issues. Not sure how using Bismarck would make for offspring that would sell any easier than a number of other bulls out there -- and I say that having been a fan and heavy user of Bismarck over the years. What are you trying to get out of the Saugahatchee daughters? Show heifers? Breeding replacements?

Just saw a thread from 14 yrs ago brought back from the dead... then
When I saw Saugahatchee 3000c x Bismarck thought it was another back to the future posting.
Deja vu all over again. :)

Hoping for good looking efficient heifers. Or I guess a bull that makes them.

Lrj505 said:
I'd be looking for a bull that offers calving ease, improves docility and marbling, maybe adds some width and overall mass, and builds on some of the maternal traits (scrotal, CED, etc.). Now the fun begins!

Luckiamute said:
Lrj505 said:
I'd be looking for a bull that offers calving ease, improves docility and marbling, maybe adds some width and overall mass, and builds on some of the maternal traits (scrotal, CED, etc.). Now the fun begins! Suggestions? Bubs Southern Charm?

Lrj505 said:
I like it, highly proven bull. I'm calving a pair of Bismarcks this year. Couple next year and I'll continue to use him in the right spots.

I see Universal has his listed for $60 there are probably cheaper options for you tho.

Lrj505 said:
Luckiamute said:
Lrj505 said:
I'd be looking for a bull that offers calving ease, improves docility and marbling, maybe adds some width and overall mass, and builds on some of the maternal traits (scrotal, CED, etc.). Now the fun begins! Suggestions? Bubs Southern Charm?
How about Good Ol' CC&7
ced 9 top 35%
SC .96 top 35%
Doc 34 top 1%
HP 17.1 top 2%
cem 9 top 45%
marbling .56 top 40%
re .81 top 10%
$B top 15%

CC&7 is highly proven and has sired a ton of pathfinder daughters.

I think there is a buyer out there for 3000c x Bismarck. Bismarck is low BW and proven. Numbers sell , but some are more concerned with looks. I will post a pic once I can they are wide and thick

https://postimg.cc/tnC7q0Ft Only pic on my phone. They are all pretty uniform and 15 years old . If I get a bull I will call him ..... "Back to the future" lol

Son of Butch said:
Lrj505 said:
Luckiamute said:
How about Good Ol' CC&7
ced 9 top 35%
SC .96 top 35%
Doc 34 top 1%
HP 17.1 top 2%
cem 9 top 45%
marbling .56 top 40%
re .81 top 10%
$B top 15%

CC&7 is highly proven and has sired a ton of pathfinder daughters.

I am new to this. I don't know who CC is? I am gonna look him up now.

SydGen CC&7 reg. 15330743
and is the sire of Hoover Dam reg. 16124994 another popular proven pathfinder sire
Hoover Dam makes efficient daughters... $EN top 15% and ced 8 so he can be used on virgin heifers

I can't find ant straws. I can do some cc7. And some leachman

Hoover Dam would be a very good choice. Should be able to get his semen through ABS or Bull Barn, among a few others. I think it is $26 per straw.

I found 14 straws of Bismarck. Bought them all. Anyone use him ? Read he has bad feet ?

Lrj505 said:
I found 14 straws of Bismarck. Bought them all. Anyone use him ? Read he has bad feet ?
I used him fairly regularly for several years, especially when his sexed semen was available. I'm not a very big breeder, in fact, quite small, but I've probably used as much Bismarck semen as any Angus bull over the past 20 years. He produced nice heifers for me that were easy to sell. A couple of them -- ironically, some of the last Bismarck calves I had -- has some minor hoof/feet issues, but nothing major.

Latest posts