Hoover No Doubt x Y69

Help Support CattleToday:

Richnm

Reaction score
I am going to flush my best cow she is 16 a Saugahatchee x New Design. Universal looked at her reg number and recomended based on her bloodlines a bull Sterling Pacific #19444025. I don't know a lot about Y69 or No Doubt any opinions? Her reg # 19444025. Thanks

Richnm said:
I am going to flush my best cow she is 16 a Saugahatchee x New Design. Universal looked at her reg number and recomended based on her bloodlines a bull Sterling Pacific #19444025. I don't know a lot about Y69 or No Doubt any opinions? Her reg # 19444025. Thanks

If Universal recommended that pairing it would be good enough for me. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I bred to Hoover notary(19125912) also a no doubt son. I thought he was the best no doubt son at the time I bought straws. There also wasn't very many options on other sons and availability.

I like that pacific bull and really can't go wrong with y69 imo

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Richnm said:

If Universal recommended that pairing it would be good enough for me. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I always value the deep knowledge of CT members over most.

LJCB said:
I bred to Hoover notary(19125912) also a no doubt son. I thought he was the best no doubt son at the time I bought straws. There also wasn't very many options on other sons and availability.

I don't know a lot about No Doubt, except he had a hard time collecting and some of his sons had the same problem. Any calves out of Notary yet?

Richnm said:
Ebenezer said:
Both Reg # the same. The bull is in the top 1% for MW and MH and has high DMI. Buy a bigger feed wagon.

The numbers on the cow are more attractive. And she has longevity, too. I would not call the two a match. But whatever you are looking for is what you need. I prefer stability over surprises.

Ebenezer said:
Richnm said:
Ebenezer said:
Both Reg # the same. The bull is in the top 1% for MW and MH and has high DMI. Buy a bigger feed wagon.

The numbers on the cow are more attractive. And she has longevity, too. I would not call the two a match. But whatever you are looking for is what you need. I prefer stability over surprises.

Any ideas ? Thanks. What about this guy 19250026

Richnm said:
LJCB said:

I don't know a lot about No Doubt, except he had a hard time collecting and some of his sons had the same problem. Any calves out of Notary yet?

Yeah those 2 baldridge bulls pappy and Thor had a lot of buzz when they were sold and I believe both are not producing. I talked to Landi awhile back and she said no doubt was really close to producing again. She should have some notary calves on the ground almost ready to wean would be my guess.

Richnm said:
Ebenezer said:
Richnm said:

Any ideas ? Thanks. What about this guy 19250026
Just an opinion and I have no idea what you want but the MW and MH and RFI are still putting you in a lot of -$EN. Suit yourself. But big to me is terminal. Sort of like replacing a Charolais with an extreme Angus. If you have cattle, take the ones that suit you or your environment the best, plug in some of those EPD numbers in the AAA sire search and either increase or decrease the EPD numbers where you want change. Then search and take that list and seek a bull. Free advise is worth nothing so sail your own ship and keep the course.

Looks totally terminal to me. Breed him to commercial cows for the kind of calves you retain ownership on and feed out.

Hard to give a good recommendation not knowing what the cow looks like, but just based on EPDs and pedigree, I would look at Tehama Tahoe or maybe Connealy Dry Valley (he is a no doubt son I really like). I have both coming this fall.

MLFuller said:
Hard to give a good recommendation not knowing what the cow looks like, but just based on EPDs and pedigree, I would look at Tehama Tahoe or maybe Connealy Dry Valley (he is a no doubt son I really like). I have both coming this fall.

I like Tahoe more out of the 2.

I would recommend Baldridge Flagstone F411. Full brother to your bull but a bit more length. No Doubt sires some of the most stunning heifers in the breed and Y69 is a cant miss type of cow. We have been using Baldridge genetics for over decade. You will not be disappointed. Green mtn angus has the sale video of Flagstone on their website. Check him out!

TDM said:
I would recommend Baldridge Flagstone F411. Full brother to your bull but a bit more length. No Doubt sires some of the most stunning heifers in the breed and Y69 is a cant miss type of cow. We have been using Baldridge genetics for over decade. You will not be disappointed. Green mtn angus has the sale video of Flagstone on their website. Check him out!

Have you used flagstone? He and his epds look really good! I'm intrigued by this bull.

Latest posts