Renown x Raindance?

Help Support CattleToday:

gizmom said:
The Renown are definitely bigger framed than the Resource calves, not by a bunch but more frame on both Renown and Recharge than I see in Resource. That being said we have three clean up bulls working right now a Resource a Recharge and a Renoun, I hadn't even thought about that until replying to this post, I guess I really do like all three lol.

Edited to add I think at this point the best calves we have on the ground are out of our D45 clean up bull. He is a Resource the calves are really nice, and I am comparing them to AI sired and ET calves so when I say they are the best calves we have I confess I am a bit surprised that I am actually saying it.

Gizmom

Thank you for the info. I was hoping he would add just a little frame. I'm saving back a Renown bull calf out of one of my very best cows. He was a stand out from day one. Everyone that see's him seems to like him

Here is a new SAV Raindance calf that we have, there are actually two, but this is the one I was able to take photos of yesterday.

The calf in the photo was 13 days old on 2-2-2019. The heifer (now a cow) in the photo is about 1450 pounds. She is a daughter of the big 2040 pound cow I posted photos of recently. She was sired by a bull out of Apex Angus ranch and is a granddaughter of Apex Wingina 9002, a Pathfinder.

This calf was 92 pounds on her adjusted birthweight. She was sired using sexed semen.

The heifer didn't have any issues calving this steamroller. This one may not hit 2000 pounds at maturity, but one thing is for sure she is going to produce some big cattle in her lifetime, her future is bright. We will breed her to Bubs Southern Charm for her first service.

As far as I'm concerned SAV President and SAV Raindance are the cream of the crop. :tiphat: to SAV for creating some amazing bulls.

Very nice!! A lot of people on here would be scared of a 92 pound BW out of a heifer. What BWs are you getting on Raindance and President calves? Are they all that heavy ? Thanks

The President heifers are smaller, but I don't have a large enough sample group to say that President heifers will be smaller than Raindance. I had a Raindance daughter born recently that was in the low 70's. The one pictured above came from an absolute tank of a heifer. She settled the first time, and she milks like there is no tomorrow.

Don't let the 92 bw bother you. I bred a +12 bull to a +9 cow and she had a 104 pound female, That female looks awesome right now. Lot's of factors can come into play on bw. Just breed what you want to breed and stop worrying so much about bw.

I personally like what I have seen out of the Raindance daughters, but the President daughters seem to me to be a much more exclusive animal.

I already have in my tank 15 sexed SAV Raindance , 3 Black Onyx ( she talked me into it ST Genetics) , I ordered 30 President, 5 Bubs Southern Charm , and 2 SAV Harvestor today . My heifers will be 15 months and 1100 pounds minimum. Cows are all 1500 pounds when they are not pregnant. Except for maybe 2-3 that are 1,200 pounds and all are 7-10 year olds. The only thing I may do different is try SAV America on a few cows if I can get my hands on him in time....

That's a very nice looking heifer calf! I just ordered some Raindance semen. I really like him and want to be sure I have some in the tank before high demand creates a possible shortage (if that were to happen). I'll likely use him on a couple of larger framed cows to tone down frame size and mature weight.

Spent a lot of time this past weekend looking at the SAV catalog for their sale this Saturday and was really impressed with what they are doing and what they have to offer. Just wish the sale was being broadcast online to watch.

Bar23 said:
I already have in my tank 15 sexed SAV Raindance , 3 Black Onyx ( she talked me into it ST Genetics) , I ordered 30 President, 5 Bubs Southern Charm , and 2 SAV Harvestor today . My heifers will be 15 months and 1100 pounds minimum. Cows are all 1500 pounds when they are not pregnant. Except for maybe 2-3 that are 1,200 pounds and all are 7-10 year olds. The only thing I may do different is try SAV America on a few cows if I can get my hands on him in time....

I think you will not be disappointed in the calves you get from that lineup. Keep your fingers crossed for a Harvestor daughter.

I know nothing about SAV Harvestor except the lady at Herbster said, " his calves dominate the ground they walk on."