Sale Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred

Reaction score
Sold three head yesterday. Had one 1335 pound 4 year old that would not breed. Sold for $.58 a pound. Had a 495 lb. heifer that brought $1.10 and a nice young AI bull we had raised. He was 11 months old, weighed 890 lbs. and brought $890. I was pleased.

those was some good prices for your cattle.you made money off your cull cow.an you did good off your lil heifer.the bull was your money maker.bet 2 guys was there needing a young bull.

BB....there were about 4 bidding on the little bull. The gave the name of the sire and age and guaranteed him IF he was old enough (which I doubt) and they jumped all over him. Started him at $650 and he took off. Only thing bad was that I only had ONE... :roll: :roll:

i know what you mean there.ive got a reg bull thats 2 months old that im going to keep an raise for sale.i dont need 3 bulls right now :lol2:

Pops I farm around the Abilene area and was considering going to Coleman with this bunch, have you had any luck there?

TxB, Good prices. Sounds like about the same as our markets. I took 3 cows to auction Wed. These were Oct calvers, weaned the calves and sold the cows, good cows but I need to buy feed. 1395 cow brought .50, 1170 cow .46. I had a young cow open I put on feed a while 1325 at .59. Cows are up a little and feeders down some.

I'm hauling 8 to Hubbard on Monday. They're having a bred cow sale. Taking five that should be bred (will have them palpated) and three that are definately open. I'll post results on Tuesday. I've heard that cows are up.. feeders are down.

smallrancher":2pv66h9t said:
mnmtranching, where are you selling?

Tricounty at Motley. You can check out the sale results at cattle-hay.com/tricounty.
Where bouts are You?

mnmtranching":1c85v7pk said:
TxB, Good prices. Sounds like about the same as our markets. I took 3 cows to auction Wed. These were Oct calvers, weaned the calves and sold the cows, good cows but I need to buy feed. 1395 cow brought .50, 1170 cow .46. I had a young cow open I put on feed a while 1325 at .59. Cows are up a little and feeders down some.

MM that 1325 cow sounds like the one I sold that brought $.58. She was almost 4 and weighed 1335. Good cow but couldn't get her bred so hauled her. Like most cattle "she brought what she was worth". :)

Latest posts