Saddest Country Song

Help Support CattleToday:

Here is one by Johnny Cash called "Give My Love To Rose." It was first recorded in the 1950s, but this version is from his later years, which makes it even more sad.

[youtube]watch?v=D1LBKTONZ0M[/youtube]

One that I have always viewed as a sad song is Johnny Paychecks "Old Violin". Makes me think of how the legends of country music must view themselves today. They get no air play and they get no respect from awards shows. Strait and Jackson don't even get a lot of air time around here anymore!

ifarm26":6ketnc2u said:
One that I have always viewed as a sad song is Johnny Paychecks "Old Violin". Makes me think of how the legends of country music must view themselves today. They get no air play and they get no respect from awards shows. Strait and Jackson don't even get a lot of air time around here anymore!

Oh dang. Don't get me started. Nashville laughed when some of my favorites were nominated back in the 70's. There were their faces on national television laughing at nominees. Seems others got more ticked off than I did. A whole lot of albums were broken in half and mailed in to those laughing. There was talk about breaking western back away from country. The next year Willie was named entertainer of the year. Then came the outlaws etc.

I pretty much quit listening to country music because of all the sad song. Real life can be depressing enough without listening to someone moan about all their troubles. I have done enough "hello walls" in life that I want to hear something happy and up lifting. As a friend once told me the problem with country music is someone is always lying, dying, or crying.

Dave":3nc0doas said:
I pretty much quit listening to country music because of all the sad song. Real life can be depressing enough without listening to someone moan about all their troubles. I have done enough "hello walls" in life that I want to hear something happy and up lifting. As a friend once told me the problem with country music is someone is always lying, dying, or crying.

Got a good laugh out of this post. Made me think of "I was drunk the day my maw got out of prison. And I went to pick her up in the rain......."

Speaking of sad, I think Country music is one genre that can be in any tone and cover any topic. I'm sure other genres do that to a point, but country hits it hard. I think that's one thing I like about country, at least when country was country. As iconic as Johnny Cash is, listen to this "silly" song he did that was actually a single in the 60s.

[youtube]watch?v=3Vl9Uz-rmIU[/youtube]

Brute 23":u4p0u93m said:
Bigfoot":u4p0u93m said:

Ya for sure. That one and the Aaron Watson tribute to Lane Frost.

There is another song I hear on the radio every now and then about a guys friend dyeing. He has a voice that cuts through you like George Jones.

I hadn't seen the video before
They showed his last ride and him collapse
That was tough to see

[youtube]W0RthSr3l0Y[/youtube]

Latest posts