Gotta love roads in logging country!

Help Support CattleToday:

Which route did you take? The one thing I miss living over here is clamming. I am going to have to time trips to visit the grand kids to match up with clam tides.

Dave said:
Which route did you take? The one thing I miss living over here is clamming. I am going to have to time trips to visit the grand kids to match up with clam tides.

Just from the mouth of the Copalis river back to Hoquiam way less traffic than on the main line to the ocean

Named'em Tamed'em said:
Dave said:

Just from the mouth of the Copalis river back to Hoquiam way less traffic than on the main line to the ocean
The Copalis Cutoff road. I used that route for better than 40 years. Much faster than fighting the traffic going up the main line up past Ocean Shores. I always dug at Roosevelt Beach. Turned north at the beach on ramp and parked at the little A frame about a mile or so up the beach. Dug an awful lot of clams there. This time of year I would dig my limit and then go surf fishing for surf perch. The fish are really in there feeding with all those people chumming the entire beach.

Exactly Dave, and another Dave lived where the road meets the humptulips river. He turned us on to the Texel ram , put a lot of extra weight on our sheep. Never took the time for surf perch don't know why.