Sad lookin pasture

Help Support CattleToday:

Alot of people here in Navarro County are feeding hay already. I keep praying for rain. The only green I have left in my pastures is in the woods where the creek runs,must have held some moisture in the shade cause the creek is now dry and tanks are getting low. The rest of my pasture is brown and crunches when you walk on it.

In our neck of the woods, the trees are starting to loose some leaves, the greenbriars are turning brown and the poision ivy is dying. D*mn, it's hot and dry;no measurable rain in almost 7 weeks. When I was hanging sheets out on the line last Saturday, they were almost drying faster than I could hang 'em out.

Texas Gal":k83j347n said:
In our neck of the woods, the trees are starting to loose some leaves, the greenbriars are turning brown and the poision ivy is dying. D*mn, it's hot and dry;no measurable rain in almost 7 weeks. When I was hanging sheets out on the line last Saturday, they were almost drying faster than I could hang 'em out.

Their is enough dust and dirt blowing in the air here that the sheets you hung out to dry would need washing when you took them down. Less than 1" since May 15th.

Latest posts