Runs On Trailer Only

Help Support CattleToday:

TxCoUnTrYbOy

Reaction score
My bull has been getting the runs whenever we take him on a trailer. He never has them any other time but that. Is there anything I can give him to help with this? The reason I ask is that I will be taking him on a 5 hour trip to Fort Worth for a big show next week.

It's probably from stress TCB.. Brahmans don't like to do anything by themselves!

The best solution would be haul him with a buddy.. is there someone else's calf you can take with him?

Good luck to you next week!

You might try cutting back on the feed and give him more hay before you haul him. Or try feeding him beet pulp. Another thing that you might try is giving him some calf calm, he is getting the runs because he is nervous from being hauled. Do you haul him very much?

Never fails...as soon as I get the trailer spotless cows OR horses seem like they save a big load to dump on it. About the only thing I can definitely count on, hasn't let me down yet.

When we are doing long hauls or the majors, we give ours oxy-boost paste. It helps ours not to stress out as badly. Find a dealer with oxy-gen. It is about 20.00 per tube.

D.R. Cattle":2c379zhd said:
Craig-TX":2c379zhd said:
D.R. Cattle":2c379zhd said:
Never fails...as soon as I get the trailer spotless

You mean after a rain?

Craig-TX

Pressure cleaner, water hose and broom, etc. Doin' my part to keep it from rotting out from under me.

You're a lot more dedicated than me. I'll shovel it out when it gets bad enough but its never had a bath in its life.

Craig-TX

The joys of owning an "economical" trailer. I bought a new Ponderosa 24 stock/combo goose 3 or 4 years back and the side walls are rotting out already. Poorly designed. Structural members collect the waste and are hard to clean. I'll never make that mistake again. Probably just build my own next time.

We wash the snot, and everything else, out of ours whenever we finish hauling. It's easier to clean that way and is far more appealing to the wife when we have to move furniture.
Plus I'm too cheap to want to ever buy another trailer.

dun

After hauling horses, pooper scooper. After hauling cattle or just one bovine creature-power wash! It's amazing how they can "project" that stuff! Anyone ever sneak a nasty one through the car wash? :oops:

fellersbarnoneranch":2fc6jxvc said:
After hauling horses, pooper scooper. After hauling cattle or just one bovine creature-power wash! It's amazing how they can "project" that stuff! Anyone ever sneak a nasty one through the car wash? :oops:

LOL the carwash across the street from the sale barn where i go sometimes has a sign out front... NO CATTLE TRAILERS

jt

I take mine to the carwash every time I haul in it. We just had to replace all the floorboards and metal bars under it so we are trying to keep it in better shape so we hopefully won;t have to do that again for a long time.

fellersbarnoneranch":2po32m3r said:

LOL! My neighbor does it all the time! :cboy: :lol:

I'll tell y'all.. that big ol' pressure washer is about the only big piece of equipment my husband has bought that I haven't bi$*&#ed about! I try and wash it out after every couple of uses.. it's easy with the pressure washer, just takes a lot of time.

We also have a sign at the local car wash.. "No Cattle Trailers". Although I think the hunters with their four wheelers are almost as bad!

fellersbarnoneranch":3bscbyy8 said:

Yes I have, and it wasn't pretty!

Yes I've snuck them few the car wash a few times. Once the owner walked over, said he didn't mind as long as the "material" stayed in the sloped area around the drain. He just didn't want it where it would be hard for him to wash down. Most of the time through the owners don't want you to use them.

;-)

with all of the new subdivsions being built around here I sneak into one that does not have any houses built yet and use the fire hydrant. I have a short fire hose and nozzle. Plenty of water and pressure. With a 16' trailer I'm in and out in 20 minutes. [/b]

Craig-TX":modaq7ef said:
D.R. Cattle":modaq7ef said:
Craig-TX":modaq7ef said:
D.R. Cattle":modaq7ef said:
Never fails...as soon as I get the trailer spotless

You mean after a rain?

Craig-TX

Pressure cleaner, water hose and broom, etc. Doin' my part to keep it from rotting out from under me.

You're a lot more dedicated than me. I'll shovel it out when it gets bad enough but its never had a bath in its life.

Craig-TX

I wash mine then use linseed oil on the wood, it helps preserv.. But I have the same problem. Seems cows hold it all day in hopes of me coming. The best is when I have to drive in town through construction and every one sees it.

Scotty

Latest posts