Runny Nose & not eating 12 day old

Help Support CattleToday:

Thank you for asking!

Without putting a jinx on the boy, as before he would take one step forward being well, then 10 steps back!

He has eaten on his own power with the bottle for 2 days, he has a little more spunk, and the best part - for the first time ever he drank water out of his bucket today - AND ate some calf starter own his own!!!!! Tonight he starts back on the transition back to milk replacer, vet had him on electrolytes & nutritional supplement, could not give him any replacer. He has not had a fever at all today :banana: Poop has consistancy today!! If it makes sense, his eyes have life to them.

In the past week, this little guy has had 8 banamine shots, 2 Nuflor, 1 Draxxin, bio-sponge, probios, & I have learned how to tube a calf!!!

Hubby calls him the million dollar "free calf"

I literally sat and cried when he was eating the calf starter today, as I remember one of my first quesitons on this board was how long do I have to worry about scours, and I asked for a picture. Don't need that photo, nor could a photo describe the smell of it. I remember the answer was to take a breath of relief when the calf started eating solids. He is 19 days old today, and by george I think he is going to make it!

Has been awhile since I have cheered so hard for a calf to make it ~ this is the best of news!!

Bless your :heart: ! We will keep our fingers crossed. Sounds like all kinds of good news for him!

Here's to you and your very understanding husband :tiphat:

Latest posts