Run get it--or run away from it? Squeeze chute

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
Not far from me. What do ya think?
preifert.jpg

"Prefert Squeeze Shoot good condition, complete unit, 1200.00 or OBO.
Can load on your trailer."

I don't like that model with the pedal to work the head gate. Rough on the shin. It is a matter of preference, guess it depend on how much you need it and will use it.

tom4018":11pf0afw said:
I don't like that model with the pedal to work the head gate. Rough on the shin. It is a matter of preference, guess it depend on how much you need it and will use it.
I have a torch and welder. Seen 'em altered to a handle before.
I've seen lots of chutes for sale in the last few months here in E Texas--this has been one of the least expensive prieferts I've seen.

I've never liked this type (WW).
http://easttexas.craigslist.org/grd/3324071521.html

Too far for me to go, and I don't much like it either.
http://easttexas.craigslist.org/grd/3324071521.html

A good prieferet with auto headgate at local McCoys is $2800.

I've borrowed that model a couple of times as a buddy has the wheel kit for it. I was very happy with it. I would say that price is fair if everything works, nothing bent etc... A new one would be way over that price. With OBO included in the add $1,000 might buy it.

Got there and they had sold it 1/2 hr before.
Got back home and saw it going down the main drag in the back of a pickup going toward Dayton. (or one just like it)
:(

I paid $1300 for one (they were asking $1500) of the same model but in better shape. I sanded it lightly an repainted it. Some grease and oil and good to go. That one has the better head gate and Priefert will send you parts if anything is bent. As mentioned the foot pedal is for the emergency side gate. Very handy when you need it. Also has a foot pedal for the squeeze.
Keep watching craigs list. They come available regularly, especially in Texas.

Can't find a used squeeze here for any price. I woulda jumped all over that one if it showed up on cl here.

greybeard":3m2z78tp said:
Got there and they had sold it 1/2 hr before.
Got back home and saw it going down the main drag in the back of a pickup going toward Dayton. (or one just like it)
:(
You can take any Prefert chute to their factory and they will completely redo it for $500 regardless of the shape it's in. We have done two in the last year and a half. You cannot tell the difference in one they redo and a brand new on aside from features. Just something to keep in mind if you can find one that's in bad shape and get it cheap.

Latest posts