Rules of Panhandling by MARGONME

Help Support CattleToday:

Margonme

Reaction score
Preface: I panhandled for 30 years in Denver before going into the cattle business.

1. Always dress in accordance with your duties. Aspire for the seedy look. Avoid clean pants. Spread honey on your sleeve cuffs to give the appearance you don't use tissues. Keep in mind at the end of the day, you can change in to clean clothes.

2. Find a secluded bank for your deposits. You don't want clients to know you have resources.

3. Never accept a meal from a client. Always insist on cash. A lady who panhandled across the street from me accepted a lunch from a gentleman. She started spending time with him. I saw her on the street several years later. She said accepting that lunch ruined her life. She said now she has a house payment, car payment, has insurance bills, goes to the Doctor, holds down a job, pays taxes, etc. She lamented that she missed the care free days of panhandling.

4. Have a good work ethic and get out early to catch people on the way to work. Holidays are great times for panhandlers. Especially, Christmas.

Alan":3uja5hew said:
Also make sure you park your Benz at least two blocks away.

There was a story many years ago of a woman who died in Denver. She was homeless most of her life and panhandled for a living. She had something like $200,000 in the bank.

Don't forget you have to rub dirt in your hair and shyte on your shirt so you smell homeless. It's best to do this AFTER getting out of the Benz.

callmefence":1b412xfd said:
Instead of starving need money for food on your sign.

Try .please help need beer money for ball game tonight.
You will get much more sympathy
Hey....that don't get sympathy. Last man that looked me in the eye and asked if I had $2 for a beer, I gave him $5 and told him to enjoy every drop of it. If he's said coffee or a meal I'd have walked off. Got in my truck and in a couple of minute he came out with 2 ice cold ones. Hi may have drove off in a Benz too but at least he didn't lie to me.

TexasBred":2vob5fai said:
callmefence":2vob5fai said:
Instead of starving need money for food on your sign.

Try .please help need beer money for ball game tonight.
You will get much more sympathy
Hey....that don't get sympathy. Last man that looked me in the eye and asked if I had $2 for a beer, I gave him $5 and told him to enjoy every drop of it. If he's said coffee or a meal I'd have walked off. Got in my truck and in a couple of minute he came out with 2 ice cold ones. Hi may have drove off in a Benz too but at least he didn't lie to me.

Maybe I worded it wrong
But yeah exactly my point.... :nod:

Workinonit Farm":3ith90vq said:
Heeeee's baaaaack. 8)

Ron got tossed again? Dang I missed another good thread! I wish I had more time to spend on this soap opera. Oh and hello again ron.

Latest posts