Rubbermade water tanks

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Rubbermade backs up their life time gaurentee on their water tanks. I had a 300 gallon tank that was old and used when we bought the farm. It had a number of cracks in the bottom that allows leaked just a little. A friend of mine told me that they would replace it for free, no prorating, no questions. I hauled it into one of the places in town that sells them, they looked at it and saw the cracks, pulled it off the ruck and slid in a new one. No fuss no bother. Sure beats the metal ones rusting out.

dun

I have one that leaks. It is not rubbermaid tho. I took a tarp and lined the tank and wrapped a rope around it, cinching it down. No more leak and so far the cows have not chewed a hole in the liner.

If I ever buy another tank, maybe I should buy rubbermaid with a warranty like that! :lol:

I've got probably around a dozen of the 100 & 150 gallon ones and haven;t had a problem. One of then has a crack in the rim where an idiot, not me in this case, backed into it with a truck. I may just haul that one in some day and get it replaced too. I repaired it because I wasn;t aware of how solid the gaurentee was.

dun

Did not know that, thank you. Now I know why all those busted up tanks at farm auctions go for new or above prices.

Oh, sorry about your tank. :oops: I was hoping you wouldn't notice.

cfpinz

We just bought one of those, it was a little more $ then the galvanized ones but I really think it will last longer. We have some very old galvanized tanks and the ones they have now are just not as heavy duty as they used to be, plus the rubermaid one's don't have any seams you have to worry about.

Thanks!!!!!!

Our place told us there wasn't any guarantee---
I'm gonna look to find it in writing somewhere.

Where did you return yours?

I found this on rubbermaids guarantee-it fits what Southern States told me.

http://www.rcpworksmarter.com/rcp/products/warranty.jsp

I seem to be going thru them much faster than I like- I'd pay more to buy one and ship it in from a place that would guarantee them.

At $300 a pop--I've been thinking about making a tire tank and see how that works.

It was the local MFA that exchanged it. A friend of mine has exchanged a couple of the smaller tanks. I'ld ask them about it but I'm afraid they'ld find out they screwed up and want to charge me.

dun":39bv5g17 said:
It was the local MFA that exchanged it. A friend of mine has exchanged a couple of the smaller tanks. I'ld ask them about it but I'm afraid they'ld find out they screwed up and want to charge me.
ive got 2 rubbermade water troughs.an i sure like them better than the galvenized water troughs.they are easy to wash.an real easy to move an lift.if my memory is right i gave $70ea for the troughs i bought.but not sure.ive had them for several years.

Howdyjabo":1sgpxy5m said:
Don't blame you for keeping quiet :)

My momma may have raised a fool, but I do my best to spread it around and not be it all the time

dun

I had one with a small crack on the bottom and I fixed it with JB Weld.

Fred":3kpi5439 said:

I love that stuff! So handy for so many things.

Bicycle tire repair kits come in pretty handy too. I use them for patching rubber boots.

Katherine

Fred":21b78q10 said:

I couldn;t get JB top stick, exterior caling, sink and tub sealer, liquid nails, or some roof sealer that you can put on wet. Worked great on the roof but peeled up in a couple of days from the tank. I've nevert had a problem sealing the other plastic tanks, but those rubbermaid jobs I just can;t get anything to bond with. One guy told me that he uses a soldering iron to seal cracks in them but I didn;t have the courage to try it.

dun

I've got a rubbermaid tank with a crack about a 1/4 inch wide by 18 inches long. Fixed it with fiberglass and it worked great. I think this stuff may be my new favourite tool. Had two small submersable pumps with cracked plastic housings that wouldn't pump anymore, fixed those too. I figured if the stuff is okay for boats why not anything else that gets wet.

Train

Good idea....had a heater get pulled out of a tank and ended up with a 100 gal ice cube, split the tank. I'll try the fiber galss when the temps get up a bit.
DMc

Several years ago I went to the nascar race at Chicagoland raceway. Out in front of the track where all the shirts and stuff get sold the rubbermaid company had a trailer set up and they had many of there products on display. In front of the trailer was a water tank and a baseball bat. If you could break or crack the tank in one swing you could have any product made by rubbermaid. I watched some mighty big fellas take a swing. Nobody ever walked away with any free products from rubbermaid.

On another occasion I had just went by the Canterbury Downs horse race track and a truck pulling a horse trailer in front of me had a rubbermaid wheelbarrrow fly off the top of the trailer. We were driving 70 miles an hour or so the gentleman got on the cb and asked if any body could see if the wheelbarrow was worth going back to get or if it was destroyed I was just coming up to it but as many times as it bounced across the cement I figured it to be junk. As I got closer I couldn't believe my eyes it appeared not to have a scrath on it. Tough stuff I guess. It had to have bounced 15 feet off the ground more than twice.

Latest posts