PE Water Line ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Is there any easy way to remove barbed 1 1/4" couplings?
Or are they one and done?
I am trying to re route some existing water line.
Are you talking about the type that has the teeth all the way around or the ones that have concentrical rings? It is the type with teeth, you can pry each individual tooth open and remove it If it is the other I would do what Named'em says.

If Quest type gray plastic they are one and done. Metal or brass a little heat and you can usually get them off. If you are shortening the line or cutting it any way score it with a utility knife then peel it off by basically bending it at the fitting. A little heat helps there too. That's the easiest way to get them apart.

If Quest type gray plastic they are one and done. Metal or brass a little heat and you can usually get them off. If you are shortening the line or cutting it any way score it with a utility knife then peel it off by basically bending it at the fitting. A little heat helps there too. That's the easiest way to get them apart.
I thought Quest types were used on PB instead of PE. Am I wrong?

They make them for both. Just a hard( usually dark gray plastic) everybody here calls them Quest type but that may be a regional not technically correct term. They are junk and should be avoided at all cost IMO!

Got ur running but need some finishing touches. Any better idea for crossing an implement gate than running the PE water line thru a rigid 2" PVC pipe?

As deep as you have to bury it up there I wouldn't think that would be a concern but no that's about as cheap and easy as it gets.

Latest posts