Round Up ?

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
I have about 0.4 of a mile of fence I need to spray for weeds. It's an electric fence that I've just been weedeating under and I'm tired of doing it because it's pretty hard to get down where it is. I need to spray about a 2 1/2 foot width for that 0.4 of a mile. How much Round Up will it take as I've never used it? If there is something better and cheaper let me know that to.

jedstivers":3c66e8a7 said:
Generic roundup is 10 dollars a gallon an you mix 3 oz to a gallon of water. Not going to be very expensive.

Home Depot is extremely close to me, will they have it?

Where would be cheaper? What do you mean by Generic? It's not the actual brand name I guess?

tncattle":2b61kiuk said:
Where would be cheaper? What do you mean by Generic? It's not the actual brand name I guess?

Go to a farm store and get whatever glyphosate product they have. It will be cheaper there than at HD.

Problem with spraying a fence line with roundup is that it will be full of fast growing weeds before long since you're going to kill all the grass.

jkwilson":23ig4ln2 said:
tncattle":23ig4ln2 said:

Go to a farm store and get whatever glyphosate product they have. It will be cheaper there than at HD.

Problem with spraying a fence line with roundup is that it will be full of fast growing weeds before long since you're going to kill all the grass.
I was gonna mention that about the weeds but that is an easy fix also just go back and spray with 2-4d in a few weeks

Just get about a 10 joule charger and put the cost of spraying every year towards the cost of the charger. It'll burn the weeds off the fence on it's own. gs

or use one of the grazing products that will kill the weeds and not the grass.

raise the hot wire high enough that the cattle can graze under it and they will keep the grass down.

My neighbor use to spray his electric fences with roundup and now he has a worse problem than ever.

The problem I have seen will killing all the plants is that weeds are the things that come back.

In our area it is pokeberry, spiny amaranth and cedar trees that come back into the killed area.

Has Eraser got anything in it besides 41% glyphosate and a surfactant? All the $10/gal generic glyphosate I buy has surfactant in it.

And it specifies that it has no residual affect so all you will do is kill what's growing and all of the seed bank will have no competetion sprouting.

dun":1d9dzn92 said:
And it specifies that it has no residual affect so all you will do is kill what's growing and all of the seed bank will have no competetion sprouting.

yeah Dun but he gets to spray every year.....that has got to be worth something. :cboy:

pdfangus":2eqwv44e said:
dun":2eqwv44e said:

yeah Dun but he gets to spray every year.....that has got to be worth something. :cboy:
Usually 3 times a year. Costs about $1.50 per mile of fence.

ga.prime":1ykhbb4m said:
pdfangus":1ykhbb4m said:
dun":1ykhbb4m said:

Usually 3 times a year. Costs about $1.50 per mile of fence.

At that rate......
I will shut up and you can come spray mine.....

have quite a few neighbors who would probably use you as well.

Latest posts