Rooting up my hay pasture no more

Help Support CattleToday:

WalkerRanch 3-2

Reaction score
Piggly Wiggly has been tearing up the hay fields so badly our hay guy won't cut some fields. We have trapped the hogs, used to dog some and my son killed over 90 this last year. A group of 9 were browsing along one morning last week so I used a Thompson Contender .223 on a sow on my way to work. My 95 year old dad wanted me to bring her to house for processing.
New poster here been enjoying reading and learning.

Attachments

• 31FADA3A-14DA-46A1-86DE-42CD217AECF4.jpeg
    31FADA3A-14DA-46A1-86DE-42CD217AECF4.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 53
  • 05A5B63A-FD80-4B40-BACF-66233932C24B.jpeg
    05A5B63A-FD80-4B40-BACF-66233932C24B.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 51
Where are you located? Please put your general area in your avatar....
Hogs running loose like that are not seen around here, but they are working their way up into the southwestern part of Va....I can not imagine having to deal with them.
Our biggest problem is ground hogs digging holes and dropping tractor tires in them... broke a front spindle on one tractor 2 years in a row... different places in the field....and we have rock.... ledges and stuff that seems to "grow" up into the field every year.... and then sometimes we get some sinkholes that just appear....

Good for you getting that big sow.... gets one breeder out of the gene pool....

Hogs running loose like that are not seen around here, but they are working their way up into the southwestern part of Va....I can not imagine having to deal with them.
Our biggest problem is ground hogs digging holes and dropping tractor tires in them... broke a front spindle on one tractor 2 years in a row... different places in the field....and we have rock.... ledges and stuff that seems to "grow" up into the field every year.... and then sometimes we get some sinkholes that just appear....

Jan there's plenty of hogs in VA beach and ponies in sandbridge

I am in SE OK. Rocks, tiny mountains, lots of poisonous snakes. Beautiful scenery. Middle of Choctaw Nation.

Piggly Wiggly has been tearing up the hay fields so badly our hay guy won't cut some fields. We have trapped the hogs, used to dog some and my son killed over 90 this last year. A group of 9 were browsing along one morning last week so I used a Thompson Contender .223 on a sow on my way to work. My 95 year old dad wanted me to bring her to house for processing.
New poster here been enjoying reading and learning.
You got one, there are thousands more coming.

still way more fun than plinking at targets. And a great way to scare the hell out of future S. In. Laws
Welcome to the board. My wife is from SE OK as well.
Spent a year in '81 working at Holton's feed mill. That sucked. The town was great, the job, not so much.

You just educated them.
All shooting does is make them nocturnal. Shoot them here and none escape educated.
Like seeing them in the daytime there easier to trap.

Every now and then on a super smart one have to dig about a three foot hole with post hole digger fill with corn.
He will get infatuated with digging it out.
Put a SPYPOINT camera on it and you can shoot that trap wise one.

Attachments

• 4B2783C4-D5EA-4899-97B3-3687D2C3ADD6.jpeg
    4B2783C4-D5EA-4899-97B3-3687D2C3ADD6.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 17
  • E7052605-6720-4F5B-88CB-B6D714C1DCDB.jpeg
    E7052605-6720-4F5B-88CB-B6D714C1DCDB.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 16

Latest posts