Rooting up my hay pasture no more

Help Support CattleToday:

Trapped 20 ourselves in South Texas Saturday night. Makes 65 since January. Totally destroyed new 17 acre hay field.
Me and a neighbor trap between 200 and 300 a year.
There like the Chinese marching into the sea!
There endless.
Read an article from TAMU
stated one sow in her lifetime average 6 years could produce a 1000 progeny. That's daughters, granddaughters and so on, with each having a litter every 3 months 3 weeks and 3 days.
The math gets mind boggling.

Every time we get all set to bait and hunt them, they move out. Got a sow yesterday who had pigs. I am hoping something gets the pigs. There is a bear around and maybe he will get the pigs.
That's the problem you're trying to hunt them.
You keep a trap set 365 days a year. Not one of those piss ant 8x4 either.
Minimum 30 foot circle.
This one is 8' t post wrapped in cattle panel then wrapped again in hog panel.
The second video is finished trap. I dislike coons well.

Attachments

• 5285EC40-700E-48DD-AFE7-F5F2EAB03500.jpeg
    5285EC40-700E-48DD-AFE7-F5F2EAB03500.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 18
  • FullSizeRender.mov
    5.2 MB
You just educated them.
All shooting does is make them nocturnal. Shoot them here and none escape educated.
Like seeing them in the daytime there easier to trap.

Every now and then on a super smart one have to dig about a three foot hole with post hole digger fill with corn.
He will get infatuated with digging it out.
Put a SPYPOINT camera on it and you can shoot that trap wise one.

Hi-Pro feeds out of west TX. has developed a new feed for wild hogs. It causes sterilization in the males. There is another company (escapes me at the moment) that produces a feeder for this feed that limits access to other animals. This is the same premise that was used in eliminating the screw worm years ago by air dropping sterile male flies. It will take a group of neighbors working together over a period of time but this will work.

Hi-Pro feeds out of west TX. has developed a new feed for wild hogs. It causes sterilization in the males. There is another company (escapes me at the moment) that produces a feeder for this feed that limits access to other animals. This is the same premise that was used in eliminating the screw worm years ago by air dropping sterile male flies. It will take a group of neighbors working together over a period of time but this will work.
Read up on this stuff! This is a never ending sale for the feed producer.
It only sterilizes the male for thirty days! It has to be fed out of an expensive approved feeder. As nomadic as they are every neighbor within a hundred miles would have to supply bait at an approved station.
From the extension agent.
"I got with some other Extension personnel this morning, and the consensus is that it is not legal "yet" and that it is way too early to tell if it would be effective or not, but like me, no one seems to have very high hopes."

Every time we get all set to bait and hunt them, they move out. Got a sow yesterday who had pigs. I am hoping something gets the pigs. There is a bear around and maybe he will get the pigs.
Wild hogs raise their litters together, there should be more litters the same age in the group and they will just go on with one less sow.

Me and a neighbor trap between 200 and 300 a year.
There like the Chinese marching into the sea!
There endless.
Read an article from TAMU
stated one sow in her lifetime average 6 years could produce a 1000 progeny. That's daughters, granddaughters and so on, with each having a litter every 3 months 3 weeks and 3 days.
The math gets mind boggling.
I would like to see that, a sow lay down and have pigs then stand up and breed back.

I would like to see that, a sow lay down and have pigs then stand up and breed back.
I wish you would take them all along with the fire ant.
These wild ones about do!
I have trapped a sow with a 80 lb, 40 lb and newborn litter still with her.
Billy is probably the leading authority there is on feral hogs.
300 million pounds of corn thrown out of deer feeders annually make for some healthy prolific hogs.

As long as "you're" doing SOMETHING.
I prefer a two-pronged approach trapping and thermal.
Problem is corn and bullets prices.
Nice Phillip my kind of hog. Deer hunters are literally feeding millions of pounds of corn and protein to the hogs.
Healthy sow big litters.
This is at a protein feeder.
Not mine on the deer lease across the road.

Attachments

• AFEACDFE-FC8B-4320-B741-22EC693DAD54.jpeg
    AFEACDFE-FC8B-4320-B741-22EC693DAD54.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 9
Welcome to the board. Please put your location in your records - click on your name top right.
I know you listed where you are located - but - there are a few of us that will never remember the next time you post. By putting it in your info, it will show up next to your name as you post. Makes it soooo much easier for all of us.

You got one, there are thousands more coming.
Caustic is right, you only found the tip of the iceberg. My neighbor spent lots of money to put hog wire fencing around his wheat field to keep them out and he had to patrol the fence constantly because they are digging under the fence to get in. Now he's throwing in the towel and converting it all to grass.

J+ Cattle

I did not know they had made it to northern C!

My neighbor spent lots of money to put hog wire fencing around his wheat field to keep them out and he had to patrol the fence constantly because they are digging under the fence to get in. Now he's throwing in the towel and converting it all to grass.
They will ruin pasture grass and field too. Also dangerous to newborn lambs and kids.

Latest posts