rookie misstake

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
i was talking to my nephew and he told me that his partner loaded a reg open heifer and took her to the sale barn.i hit the roof then i asked why is he selling her.and said the guy needed money.that heifer cost $1600 6 months ago.i was like dang he shouldve called me and id bought her.i called the sale barn and they checked her and called her open and a heifer wich is right.i wouldve bought her if they called her bred.but being open ment she would sell in the feeder sale and i wasnt going to sit at the barn all nite,given i dont trust the auctioneers todo my bidding.

93 looks.....we sure got a lot of lurkers today!
Where are you in Texas? I don't know of any sale barns in Texas that are open " all night!"
Heck I don't know of any beer joints open all night either!!

Been there, done that!
That's me too, a day late or a dollar short!

Just wait until you find out what she sold for!

Kingfisher":3sn3fzkp said:
Where are you in Texas? I don't know of any sale barns in Texas that are open " all night!"
I don't know of any all night sales anywhere this time of year, even joplin only had about 4000 today and OKC didn't have many more.

denvermartinfarms":3dvgg0d3 said:
Kingfisher":3dvgg0d3 said:
I don't know of any all night sales anywhere this time of year, even joplin only had about 4000 today and OKC didn't have many more.

What's the most you ever heard of em sell at OKC? I've heard / seen a big # in print before that boggle my mind .....by the way what did you do with that "burnt" Cat loader?

Kingfisher":c3w7islj said:
denvermartinfarms":c3w7islj said:
Kingfisher":c3w7islj said:

What's the most you ever heard of em sell at OKC? I've heard / seen a big # in print before that boggle my mind .....by the way what did you do with that "burnt" Cat loader?
In recen years I've heSrd as many as 18k to 20k head on Monday at OKC, in the last year I believe joplin has sold more than them though, I know that joplin had 15k a few months ago and that same day OKC only had 13k.

We fixed the crispy loader, it was a shorted out battery cable, we had to put batteries, battery cables, starter on it and replace some burn hoses. The switches and warning lights still don't work since they got fried, but it's running again.

she weighed 1100lbs and brought $1.31 a lb.thats a tad over top weigh price for cows.our local sale runs between 1200 and 2000hd a week depending on the time of year.so its not unusual for them to still be selloing cattle at 10pm at nite.and i know a few of the dairy sales there back in the old days would go till midnite or longer.1 big dairy sale lasted till 6am fri morning.i left that sale at 930pm with a load of cows.and planned on eating and going back at 11pm and buying more cows.but i was to tired so i didnt go back.

Latest posts