Romangola Cross Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

blazer21

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm from the southwestern part of Minnesota and came across group of cattle that i have not really heard of before and looking for advice/info. They are Romangola cross. I know that the bull was a full blood Romangola but I dont know for sure on the cow side what all the breeds were. The guys we bought them from said they were just out of cross bred cows. So whats that mean if they come from north central Iowa? There are a couple head that have a long horn cross to them. Just trying to find some more information out about them and if anyone has ever fed any of these kind of cattle? They are in the feedyard now and are on a tmr ration. weigh about 700# avg. Let me know if anyone has anything good or bad to say about these animals. We are trying to decide if we are going to sell as feeders or take all the way to fat market.
Thanks!

The problem is that Romangola is a minor breed that many people have no idea that they existed in United States. Super uncommon breed if you compared Romangola to other minor breeds.

I bought about 10 Romangola steers about 2 years ago at around 600#. I feed all my beef steers a TMR and the Romangola didnt grow as fast as my red angus steers did but did ok. I always keep records on feeder cattle and they gained around 2.6 lbs/day as where the red angus were around 3.1 lbs/day. Finished around 1350#. So I would keep them if I were you, you'll do all right on them.

Latest posts