rock,gravel or crushed conrete

Help Support CattleToday:

ryancattle5

Reaction score
I have clay roads going to and from my fence line feed bunks. I was wondering what guys use to cover there driveways. Im in clay soil with a fairly good base. Any ideas would be great!

ryancattle5":rbp3v4qt said:
I have clay roads going to and from my fence line feed bunks. I was wondering what guys use to cover there driveways. Im in clay soil with a fairly good base. Any ideas would be great!
Around here most use limestone rock. Of course there is a super abundance of it and it's very affordable. Might not be available in your area.

Here it seems common to used crushed concrete. I just put in a 250 foot driveway with crushed concrete and I'm very impressed with how it packs. It was cheaper than gravel. Only thing to make sure is that it's clean sometimes they have a lot of rebar.

Sorry I forgot to say I live in central Nebraska. There is a place 50 miles south of my place that has a lot of crushed concrete its like 500$ for 20 or 30 ton.

We just pick a trail and stick with it. You wear through the three inches of topsoil pretty quick. Then you got your self a good limestone road.