Robot boots for sprains/strains fractures . . .

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
Don't try to use them in the garden, if you have a lace-up support instead! Caught the long toe-end of the robot boot in a garden hose in the garden area yesterday -- another spectacular spill that slammed a shoulder blade into the top edge of a raised garden bed. Pretty blue/green bruises and scratches, but nothing busted. On the bright side, tomato and pepper plants are in ("I'm putting your toes in the ground, and tying you up to stakes and putting a cage around you -- it's for your own good); cukes are seeded. Still need to do herb pots and green beans. Wind has been howling for a couple days . . . . Son's GF put in corn plants and small onion sets, and the wind has smacked them hard. I did Round 3 with peppers and toms this year, with some critter that was getting them in a stall in the barn before planting. Game cam says it's probably a squirrel that was in there every hour, but we never caught him chewing plants -- hence, cages.

Been a little windy here, not terrible, but enough to be a real PITA when you're trying to paint. Our tomatoes have been in for some time, they were started in our greenhouse, transplanted my tobacco last week, just planted the carrots, and I think that's about the end of it.. .now comes lots of weeding!

We do too... we have a good sized garden, but not huge. We used to do an acre of carrots and a half acre of onions, and 2 acres of squash... all hand weeded, usually in 3 or maybe 4 people... The rows were about 600 ft long... and I think there were about 70 of them in the onions and carrots... I don't miss those days at all

Latest posts