Riverbend Mile High???

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus In Texas

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Riverbend Mile High..... The first daughter to sell out of him sold $35,000. I had the opportunity to work for Riverbend this past summer so I got to see this heifer. She was well worth that money. There were around 30 more young calves out of him there and they all stood out from the crowd. This was a crowd of over 1,000 calves about half ET and half natural all by high profile well proven AI sires.

Angus In Texas":2e6u63ae said:
She was well worth that money.

would you sell your house to spend that for her?

do you really think she is worth $30/lb? she might be worth $3500.

Chuckie":qd8azyh2 said:
Where is Doc Harris?
Chuckie
I am RIGHT here, Chuckie!! As humble as I am, I hesitate to say, "I TOLD YOU SO! I was consulting with a breeder two years ago at the 2005 NWSS Angus Bull sale when he sold to Three Trees, and I said to him when Mile High walked into the sale ring, "THERE is your Bull!!" But when Three Trees bid $45,000 for him, that was too much for my friend, so that was that. Keep watching his calves in the next year or so when they are mature!

DOC HARRIS

He is a nice bull I will admit. I couldn't stand to see this posting get by you. He only had one number I would like to see increased, but the right cow can take care of that. I would like to see a different picture (angle) of him other than the one shown in the semen catalogs.
Chuckie

There was a new picture taken this past summer. I don't know if the one you are seeing in ads is the new one or the old but the new picture is a lot better than the old one. Unfortunately the bull was either at Three Trees or stud while I was in Idaho, so I didn't have a chance to see him in person. However, I did work with his dam and she is a really solid made cow. Not too big framed but not small either. Riverbend sold a maternal brother to Mile High out of G A R New Design 5110, which is an 036 son out of 2536, yesterday in Denver. He was a really well built bull as well. They also sold a full sister to Mile High for the Angus Foundation donation package. I wouldn't mind having one like her in my herd. ;-)

Latest posts