Rhino vs. Bushog brand

Help Support CattleToday:

SmokinM

Reaction score
Anybody ever run both to give a good comparison? I know in the brand new ones they are essentially the same cutter both built by ALAMO I believe. I have an older Rhino and it has been a tough machine and gives a nice cut despite being wore slam out. Never pulled a Bushhog brand but know they have a good reputation. Looking to replace a 8' twin spindle 3pt. machine FWIW. Thanks

Never had a Bushog but I had a Rhino and it was one tough wooley booger.

(I think Modern boought out Rhino but still uses the Rhino name now)

I have a couple Bushhogs and a Land Pride. I see Woods at auctions often and they look good. I have an old small lighter duty Bush Hog that has lots of welds, been put through the ringer and still use it (gear box never had a problem). My other BH brand is heavier and almost new and held up good so far.

Last edited:
We have an 8' 3pt Bush Hog brand, 3008 model I believe. Used mostly on the CX105 McCormick and it's all that tractor wants. You're welcome to try it out.

I have a couple Bushhogs and a Land Pride. I see Woods at auctions often and they look good. I have an old small lighter duty Bush Hog that has lots of welds, been put through the ringer and still use it (gear box never had a problem). My other BH brand is heavier and almost new and held up good so far.
We have a Woods BW and I prefer it over the Bush Hog. Not a big difference if you get a deal on one over the other but if I was buying brand new and had a choice.

I've had bushog land pride and rhino through the years and it boils down to what model or how heavy duty it is, how you treat it and the best deal you can find. Apples to apples there all about the same. I will say that I like my 20' land pride the best, after I added zerks to some pivot points that needed it.

Had a U joint go out on my rhino and it was close to $200. Parts man at the dealer felt bad for me and give me a discount. The cups were different sizes and couldn't find a replacement anywhere else other than the dealer. Had to replace a slip clutch assembly also because the splines wore down to nothing. Other than a few cracks I get in the wings and deck it has been good. When I replace this one I will probably go with a BH brand. Helps they are built not to far down the road also.

I've had bushog land pride and rhino through the years and it boils down to what model or how heavy duty it is, how you treat it and the best deal you can find. Apples to apples there all about the same. I will say that I like my 20' land pride the best, after I added zerks to some pivot points that needed it.
I have a 15' Land Pride and it's a heavy duty sucker.

Latest posts