Resflor

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
It's a new drug that just came out a couple months ago by the same company who made Nuflor. I was just curious if anyone has tried it yet?

AB, I know there have been trials of the drug done in the UK and it seems to kill the bug rather than just stop it from growing like nuflor does. I was not aware it was available here yet, but I am going to ask the next time I talk to him. I think it is being promoted as a preventative as well, the same as Draxxin has been used.

HD, it's available here, as the vet purchased some not too long ago, so it could be available where you are.

I don't really like it because I do not like using banamine and it is to be given sub q only, which sometimes I do not like to do in severe cases as IM seems to start working faster.

It is supposed to be different as the studies are showing that nuflor would just stop the bacteria from growing ,while resflor kills it.

Extensive licensing trials confirm that Resflor starts killing
pneumonia bacteria within 30 minutes and high concentrations
reach all areas of the lung within six hours to minimise permanent
lung damage.
http://www.britishsimmental.co.uk/news/ ... umonia.pdf

I think the withdrawal period is longer as well, I have to look that up again. I also wonder how banamine reacts to a subq injection, as the rule is IV, but you can give it Im. My vet supplier just got resflor in for the first time in October when the company really started pushing and advertising, we'll see how well it works guess in months to come .

Latest posts