My Resflor got really cold.

Help Support CattleToday:

Silver

Reaction score
I guess the bottle fell out of my pocket a day or two ago. I found it this morning. It's been getting down to -20 at night. The medicine wasn't frozen when I found it (about -14C), wondering if it will still be any good.

Only thing I can find concerning temperature is "do not store in temp above 30c"

Maybe whoever wrote that has never been to the frozen north. Thinking if no crystalization it may be ok but phone your vet just the same. Please let me know if you do.

Just talked to my vet. He said the official word is it should be disposed of. His thoughts are that if it didn't freeze solid (and it apparently has a very low freezing point) he wouldn't be afraid to use it. Although he suggested giving a little larger dose. So I will try it and keep a close eye to see that it has the desired results.
I know that Lidocaine can be frozen over and over and still work many years after it's expiration date. I realize it's not an antimicrobial but it just goes to show that you just never know.

Oh dang, and that's super thick to begin with. BTW when it's even remotely cold I put it in one of my inside pockets.

Couple years ago I was going to work my bulls and had the disposable syringes already made up, just threw them in a cooler with an ice pack. Who knew they would freeze that fast?! Of course I didn't realize it until I had jabbed the first bull multiple times, couldn't figure out why the plunger wasn't working. :dunce: :hide:

I think that's how I lost mine... I always put it in an inside pocket to keep it warm, but I probably missed my pocket and it likely migrated down through my bibs and out one of the holes at my knees :dunce:

Who knew they would freeze that fast?!
I can top that...ML expensive vaccinestill in its original packaging boxes froze while laying for a short time on cold packs in the cooler! Couldn't believe it! I now place a small towel between the cold packs & vaccine.
I probably missed my pocket and it likely migrated down through my bibs
Been there done that. :roll:

Latest posts