reserve grand champion heifer at state fair

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't think there was any need to report him!! He followed the advice of a breeder he is just a kid. There's a lot of breeders out there who do this doesn't make it right but it's not the end of the world. I some how doubt he was the only one in there with a heifer that was not the correct age. A couple of months really is not going to make a difference. I guess as a kid you never did anything wrong?? It must be nice to always be so perfect! Instead of getting mad at the kid you should be mad at the breeders who do this ALL the time.

Just because so many others do it, don't make it right. Basically what you have done is won by cheating.

We go to a number of shows during the season, and its fairly common knowledge that one or two of the entries aren't in the age bracket they belong in. I've even been told by one of them that for my stepson to place better, that I should do it also. That is not something that I will ever do. If Kelly can't win his class with the correct age, then that's fine. The most important thing is that he performs to the very best of his ability. I'll step off my soapbox now.
yeah warpaint

would the calf even have made it out of her correct class?

yeah he's just a kid, but would you want your kids learning to cheat?

yeah he's just a kid, but would you want your kids learning to cheat?

and we kno that hes old enough to relize that it is wrong!

I don't think there was any need to report him!!

i think there was a need to report him

and SKF Show Cattle yeah he is just a kid but where are his parents?!?! the kid isnt the only one involed with this. and yeah we all kno other breeders do this but now he is also one of those breeders too now.

and i was to hear back from showkid sometime here now that hes admitted to lying and cheating.

Just putting in my 2 cents here...

There was NO reason to turn him in. Even though he did lie nd cheat, turning him in was none of your business. I think it's pretty crappy when other people butt into someone else's business.

The only people that should have turned him in was the other people that showed against him. And none of them did, as far as we know.

Now, someone that didn't even show against him turned him in and butted into his own personal business. It's ridiculous. Yes, people showed against them and lost but none of you have the right to turn him in.

That's all I am going to say. None of you had ANY right to turn him in. It was his business that he lied to get into an easier class.
-Angus Girl

Angus Cattle Girl":5lrcqcyw said:

There was NO reason to turn him in. Even though he did lie nd cheat, turning him in was none of your business. I think it's pretty crappy when other people butt into someone else's business.

The only people that should have turned him in was the other people that showed against him. And none of them did, as far as we know.

Now, someone that didn't even show against him turned him in and butted into his own personal business. It's ridiculous. Yes, people showed against them and lost but none of you have the right to turn him in.

That's all I am going to say. None of you had ANY right to turn him in. It was his business that he lied to get into an easier class.
-Angus Girl

Doesnt matter if you were at the show or not. He still cheated! And it is our business, as members of this forum he asked/told us about his heifer, then proceeded to tell us how he cheated his way to victory. Not only was it our business it was our responsibility to make sure he does not cheat again. Maybe someone else thought about cheating, then saw this post and decided not to.

Angus Cattle Girl":5lrcqcyw said:
It was his business that he lied to get into an easier class.

He made it our business by telling us all about it.

Ryan

Ryan":3sh7umqw said:
Angus Cattle Girl":3sh7umqw said:

-Angus Girl

Doesnt matter if you were at the show or not. He still cheated! And it is our business, as members of this forum he asked/told us about his heifer, then proceeded to tell us how he cheated his way to victory. Not only was it our business it was our responsibility to make sure he does not cheat again. Maybe someone else thought about cheating, then saw this post and decided not to.

Angus Cattle Girl":3sh7umqw said:
It was his business that he lied to get into an easier class.

He made it our business by telling us all about it.

Ryan

i agree ....he did make it our business and then he really made it MY business because he stole my name and tried to blame the whole thing on me.

would the calf even have made it out of her correct class?

i was at the show and i am not going to say that he wouldnt have made it out of his respective class.....but i am going to say that there were some really nice animals in that champion drive that had won some jackpots show around here and i thought in my personal opinion that those animals were a better animal.

So if he would have still won with correct age. It comes down to this guy either being dumb enough to admit to cheating on age or being arrogant enough to think he could get away with it. Personally there should be some repercussions to put this person in his place. Simply submit it to the fair he won and if you see him and the animal at another fair file a complaint with the fair and have them age the animal , if he is out by as much as claimed he will be banned and it will be sent to the breed offices and papers will have to be corrected if not pulled. That will cut him down to size.

Latest posts