Reporters shot

Help Support CattleToday:

Kenny, I'm so far on your side you might have to look ahead to see me. Was attempting to highlight the hypocritical nature of the ones on TV that keep preaching about gun control for safety.

I don't see how they reconcile:

Law abiding American's having a small arm to protect themselves= Bad ....a crazy might get one.
World's craziest and most hateful regime having arms capable of annihilating entire cities= Good ...they should self monitor.

Something tells me that safety isn't what's on their mind.

HAHAHA, as you can see you got me excited there. Thanks for the support. But both of us know that lots of people out there think all guns should be controlled.

Alan":2lmzayy0 said:
I watched the shooters video. What strikes me as weird is three people, the reporter the camera man and the interviewee where all there, standing what appears to be by themselves. up walks a fourth person filming with a cell phone......... Points a gun at them for maybe 10 seconds and not one of the three bothered to notice someone with a gun pointed at them is just a very few feet away until bullets fly? As Sky said be aware of your surroundings.

Alan,
I hate that those people lost their lives greatly and I truly am not making fun or a mockery of their murder. I watched the killers video from beginning to end over and over and I am not sure if you saw the full version or just the 30 second version and each time I see them on the top portion of the building looking out and hear him walking LOUDLY up the steps even up to the point you first see the gun brandished and NO ONE paid attention to detail. It was 645 in the morning and NO ONE else was around. The foot steps would have got my attention because there was no other foot traffic out there. I just dont understand and truly that bothers me how they had NO CLUE he was there after all that. I can't say that they would have lived if they saw him or noticed him before he got too close. I just don't understand that Alan
Many know I was raised in south western Va and I watched that news channel since I was a kid and even when I go back home watch that news channel and have seen her on tv many times. I did not know any of them personally but in that portion of the state your news folks are almost like a part of your family and daily routine.

skyhightree1":2f76m15o said:
Alan":2f76m15o said:
I watched the shooters video. What strikes me as weird is three people, the reporter the camera man and the interviewee where all there, standing what appears to be by themselves. up walks a fourth person filming with a cell phone......... Points a gun at them for maybe 10 seconds and not one of the three bothered to notice someone with a gun pointed at them is just a very few feet away until bullets fly? As Sky said be aware of your surroundings.

Alan,
I hate that those people lost their lives greatly and I truly am not making fun or a mockery of their murder. I watched the killers video from beginning to end over and over and I am not sure if you saw the full version or just the 30 second version and each time I see them on the top portion of the building looking out and hear him walking LOUDLY up the steps even up to the point you first see the gun brandished and NO ONE paid attention to detail. It was 645 in the morning and NO ONE else was around. The foot steps would have got my attention because there was no other foot traffic out there. I just dont understand and truly that bothers me how they had NO CLUE he was there after all that. I can't say that they would have lived if they saw him or noticed him before he got too close. I just don't understand that Alan
Many know I was raised in south western Va and I watched that news channel since I was a kid and even when I go back home watch that news channel and have seen her on tv many times. I did not know any of them personally but in that portion of the state your news folks are almost like a part of your family and daily routine.

I also am not making light of this terrible tragedy, lives were lost which effect many survivors. I'm just surprised how long the killer stood there without any of the three looking at him. I went back and watched the video again, it was 52 seconds, and you're right easy to hear him coming with the sound of his footsteps on the wood deck. But what has just got me thrown for a loop is in the video at the 20 second point he points the gun at the reporter and softly calls her a bi###, continues filming the others for 22 seconds. At the 42 second mark in the video he opens fire, within a very few feet of three people with a gun in his hand and at times pointing it the reporter and none of them noticed. Like you stated they were the only three there and he walked up to them, pointed his gun for 22 seconds but it took gunshots for them to react. Like I said, a tragic event that cost more than just two lives, I tend to over analyze things sometimes.

I'm not sure how many of you have been interviewed before, I've done a number with this very station. The one thing you learn is the camera draws people who are just either wanting to see whats going on or wanting to be on tv. They tell you that you have to just block out everything around you and concentrate on the person interviewing you or you will come off as distracted and disinterested. All three people shot that day were very experienced with doing live shots, I'm sure they heard the footsteps but I bet someone had wandered up on a live shot a thousand times before and they didn't think much about it.

skyhightree1 said:
I did not know any of them personally quote]

My brother knows the woman being interviewed.

I can understand how the cameraman and the interviewer may not have noticed the gunman. To a certain extent, I can see how the woman being interviewed would be distracted with the interview and being well-seasoned with interviews, was conditioned to "tune out" her surroundings.

So white guy shoots black people and we take down every flag in the country. White cop shoots black guy and they riot for weeks. Black guy shoots white people and confesses it as a hate crime and what do we get on the news- sometimes crazy people do crazy things. Now don't get me wrong I do not believe all evil can be rousted out of this world or prevented. I do not think more gun control would have saved them. The press and anyone who rioted or sympathized with any of these "causes" owes these peoples family an apology for glazing this over as a sh-- happens moment after the stink they made over that BS!! Equality will be when all lives matter in my eyes. The only bright spot I hope I am seeing is they are moving towards less public attention for these nuts just hope they ignore the next white one too. If they quit making a big deal out of these nuts maybe they will not be as anxious to die for their cause.

Just my view and a bit of a rant I suppose but wonder who else has noticed the same.

Latest posts