Replacement Heifer Gain Target ?

Help Support CattleToday:

ddd75":1ek8zrmj said:
most of that was from buying cheap during '11, growing the herd with my small heifers, and selling a good, proven herd to a single guy. I also retained 50k of the best cattle of the group. Which is about what I had in the entire group. I also sold the calves during those years that paid for my farm payment and any expenses.

The year prior I sold out my sheep herd for 40k which I had about 8k into.

LUTE THEM ALL ! ! !! ! ! ! ! !

While I don't care how much or how you make money, You'd have to be pretty inept not to turn a profit buying in '11 and selling in '15,.. but can you predict the highs and lows accurately enough to do it repeatedly?

Nesikep":1pfl8a71 said:
ddd75":1pfl8a71 said:
most of that was from buying cheap during '11, growing the herd with my small heifers, and selling a good, proven herd to a single guy. I also retained 50k of the best cattle of the group. Which is about what I had in the entire group. I also sold the calves during those years that paid for my farm payment and any expenses.

The year prior I sold out my sheep herd for 40k which I had about 8k into.

LUTE THEM ALL ! ! !! ! ! ! ! !

While I don't care how much or how you make money, You'd have to be pretty inept not to turn a profit buying in '11 and selling in '15,.. but can you predict the highs and lows accurately enough to do it repeatedly?

no I just got lucky, I had no idea what I was doing. I'll be the first to admit that.

TennesseeTuxedo":1pfl8a71 said:
ddd75":1pfl8a71 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1pfl8a71 said:
Yours are 120 lbs, how can 87 be considered big?

sharpest tool in the shed

No you aren't as you have proven multiple times on this thread.

getting sharper!

Latest posts