Replacement Heifer Gain Target ?

Help Support CattleToday:

ddd75":1ek8zrmj said:
most of that was from buying cheap during '11, growing the herd with my small heifers, and selling a good, proven herd to a single guy. I also retained 50k of the best cattle of the group. Which is about what I had in the entire group. I also sold the calves during those years that paid for my farm payment and any expenses.

The year prior I sold out my sheep herd for 40k which I had about 8k into.

LUTE THEM ALL ! ! !! ! ! ! ! !

While I don't care how much or how you make money, You'd have to be pretty inept not to turn a profit buying in '11 and selling in '15,.. but can you predict the highs and lows accurately enough to do it repeatedly?

Nesikep":1pfl8a71 said:
ddd75":1pfl8a71 said:
most of that was from buying cheap during '11, growing the herd with my small heifers, and selling a good, proven herd to a single guy. I also retained 50k of the best cattle of the group. Which is about what I had in the entire group. I also sold the calves during those years that paid for my farm payment and any expenses.

The year prior I sold out my sheep herd for 40k which I had about 8k into.

LUTE THEM ALL ! ! !! ! ! ! ! !

While I don't care how much or how you make money, You'd have to be pretty inept not to turn a profit buying in '11 and selling in '15,.. but can you predict the highs and lows accurately enough to do it repeatedly?

no I just got lucky, I had no idea what I was doing. I'll be the first to admit that.

TennesseeTuxedo":1pfl8a71 said:
ddd75":1pfl8a71 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1pfl8a71 said:
Yours are 120 lbs, how can 87 be considered big?

sharpest tool in the shed

No you aren't as you have proven multiple times on this thread.

getting sharper!