Remitall Results?

Help Support CattleToday:

HerefordSire":6ajcspdo said:
Herefords.US":6ajcspdo said:
HerefordSire":6ajcspdo said:
If the $270K was accurate reporting for Super Duty 42S, the it should be obvious for all to see the value of 517 crossed with Remitall line breds as he has 20% of 517's genertic material. If this doesn't ring our bell, then maybe we need to have our bell rung.

http://abri.une.edu.au/online/cgi-bin/i ... 9=51515950

Kinda hits your breeding program right in its "sweet spot", doesn't it HS? :tiphat:

George

Yes sir! I wonder what the outcome would have been if Super Duty was crossed with 3008 instead of 517. The Online sired heifers I have are 18.75% 517 but I have some coming that will be 25% 517, eventually. Just goes to show us in this economic environment that cash is king. It appears great cattle were purchased below ordinary normal market values, such as Olympian for 5K?????????? WOW!

I wouldn't get too excited yet, HS! For one thing, a bull like Super Duty is a RARE occurrence that I believe has been matched(or exceeded) in Remitall's program possibly only 3 times - with Keynote, Online, and Patriot. The second is, while I was not actually there and couldn't see the bidding live, the bidding of Super Duty progressed in an orderly and quick fashion reminiscent of the bidding that I've seen occur when a syndicate bids on a bull and the floor price has already been determined. When the bidding was over, one of Remitall's partners in Super Duty, Square D, ended up with 100% of the bull. I heard no acknowledgement of the runner-up bidder, like you usually hear when an animal sells for this kind of money in a truly competitive situation. I'm not implying anything sinister - just that I'd bet there was a syndicate formed to buy the bull and Square D decided they wanted to own him outright.

George

I wouldn't get too excited yet, HS! For one thing, a bull like Super Duty is a RARE occurrence that I believe has been matched(or exceeded) in Remitall's program possibly only 3 times - with Keynote, Online, and Patriot. The second is, while I was not actually there and couldn't see the bidding live, the bidding of Super Duty progressed in an orderly and quick fashion reminiscent of the bidding that I've seen occur when a syndicate bids on a bull and the floor price has already been determined. When the bidding was over, one of Remitall's partners in Super Duty, Square D, ended up with 100% of the bull. I heard no acknowledgement of the runner-up bidder, like you usually hear when an animal sells for this kind of money in a truly competitive situation. I'm not implying anything sinister - just that I'd bet there was a syndicate formed to buy the bull and Square D decided they wanted to own him outright.

George

I was already excited in a 517 x Remitall line bred cross before I saw the Super Duty results. Your explanation on that specific bidding process makes allot of sense.

I'd be interested in ya'lls opinions on why some went "at meat prices". I don't know anything about Herefords, but there are some Simmental sales coming up here this fall, and wondered if that was going to be typical of the purebred market.

What do you think?

TheBullLady":nqnw8knh said:
I'd be interested in ya'lls opinions on why some went "at meat prices". I don't know anything about Herefords, but there are some Simmental sales coming up here this fall, and wondered if that was going to be typical of the purebred market.

What do you think?

I think there were several factors. I think it's been rather dry in that part of Canada and there was very little "local" support. Most people are selling cows because of the weather conditions and price of feed/hay. When you sell 1000+ head, some are going to sell too cheap, but there were plenty of solid cows that sold for less than $1500 each. I expect part of the reason it happened is that there were a number of "dumbbutts", like ME, that NEVER expected those cattle to sell for those prices, therefore didn't do the homework and make the prior financial arrangements necesssary - basically unprepared to take advantage of the bargains. I've actually been thinking of tuning in to their Angus sale -much more prepared - in case they have a similar result.

George

TheBullLady":1uw0bg8y said:

What do you think?

If I am not mistaken, there should be a major US financial institution (investment bank or major bank) fail relatively soon. If this happens, go to a sale immediately after the news hits.

Latest posts